☾ 18

It was more than enjoyable just laying with Athena, smiling, giggling and talking about everything under the sun. Our conversation was just so good after the sex that we lost track of time. Before we both knew it, the sun was setting and that was our cue to relieve Noa of her duty of looking after our children. I'm sure she expected us back way long ago, but both her and Jamal needed that practice since they had a little one coming soon. Children were no joke and they took a lot of responsibility. When Maddox came, I loved the kid to death but I refused to change his diaper. That was Athena's job. All I wanted to do was feed him and play with him, but a few months after his birth I started taking more of initiative to do the dirtier tasks.

Athena and I took our bikes back to the rental place, only a few minutes before they were due back. The man who was renting out the bikes gave us a weird look. I wasn't sure why until I looked over to my wife. Her hair was all over the place and she looked like she had just escaped from a dangerous forest. As soon as I realized just how wild she looked, I began laughing to myself. She frowned, not sure about what was so funny. "What," she asked with confusion. I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking. It was way more amusing to leave her looking insane rather than telling her how crazy she looked. "Kai," Athena said my name sternly as if she was talking to one of our children.

A small chuckle came from my lips before I decided to let my wife know that her hair was in shambles. "You know, I never noticed how beautiful your hair truly is," I replied loosely. She scrunched up her eyebrows at such a random yet weird compliment. In consciousness, she tried to run her fingers through her hair but then grumbled when she felt how f-cked up it was.

"You idiot," she yelled before pushing my shoulders. My sides began aching at how much I was laughing. I held my side as I let out all of my taunting giggles. As I laughed, my wife struggled to fix her hair which obviously wasn't working. Finally she gave up and just shielded her face. "You should've told me my hair looked horrible," she argued.

"Well, what did you want me to do, angel," I argued back, still laughing slightly. She rolled her eyes at me but snatched my hand. Together, we stomped back to our hotel room so Athena could get herself situated before we saw the kids. We didn't want to them to think their mommy had went psycho. Getting Athena's hair back to its plausible condition, turned into shower sex, getting redressed, getting undressed to have sex again, another mini-shower, and then finally getting ready to pick up the kids. By this time, I knew Noa was truly annoyed. She was blowing up both of our phones asking where we were at every five minutes.

Therefore, when we arrived at her door, she nearly threw our kids at us and slammed the door. "Rude," Athena yelled through the door even though she was giggling at her irritated friend. I was pretty sure Noa needed a much anticipated nap after looking after Maddox and Aspen. My kids may be well-mannered for the most part, but they could be one piece of work sometimes.

Since Noa failed to give the kids dinner, Athena and I decided to go out to eat with just us four. We didn't go anywhere fancy, just somewhere where the kids could get the chicken nuggets that they desired. "So what did you guys do today," Athena asked Aspen and Maddox once the food came. They both just kept eating as if they had never ate before in their lives. I guess Noa didn't give them enough food. You would think she would have some motherly skill after raising her sister, Mariana, but I guess not. "Did you guys eat?"

"Only nasty stuff," Maddox responded only for a second. He went right back into his food almost immediately. Noa probably was too cheap to buy them actual food. I could see her now trying to prepare Aspen and Maddox Top Ramen. I didn't even eat that crap so I didn't expect my children to either. "Can I get a second serving," my son asked as he looked up to me and Athena.