Chapter 65: Unveils Ms Delights Past Wounds

As Detective Black arrived at Harrison and Hyde, the brisk fall air whirled around her, a prelude to the meeting awaiting her inside. Miss Claire Cleverly, Oscar Harrison's efficient personal assistant, greeted her at the reception with a warm smile and led her to a reserved back office.

"Please make yourself comfortable, Detective. Mr. Harrison will join us shortly," Claire mentioned politely, arranging a few documents on the desk before making them both a coffee then taking a seat opposite Detective Black.

Curiosity tinged Detective Black's expression, but Claire remained discreet, refraining from disclosing any details until their esteemed solicitor entered the room. Silence enveloped the space as they awaited Mr. Harrison's arrival, the air humming with anticipation.

Moments later, a brief knock heralded Mr. Harrison's entrance. With a professional yet welcoming demeanour, he joined them, settling into his chair. "Good afternoon, Detective Black. I trust you're well?"

"Indeed, thank you. I appreciate your time today," Detective Black acknowledged with a nod, her interest piqued by the ambiguous atmosphere.

"Shall we begin?" Mr. Harrison inquired, his gaze shifting between Detective Black and Miss Cleverly.

As the conversation commenced, Mr. Harrison guided them through the newly discovered revelations regarding Ms. Delights' past connections with Ralph Ortiz. The details, though cryptic at this juncture, hinted at an intricate web of associations that might hold significance in the ongoing investigation.

"As Miss Claire Cleverly and my team delved further into the intricate web surrounding Ralph Ortiz and the circus deeds they unearthed a surprising find among the stacks of documents." Oscar Harrison announced with a sense of pride appearing across his features. "Miss Cleverly would you like to explain" looking over to his assistant with an encouraging nod.

As Claire was poring over the papers, spreading them out in the table in front of the detective she suddenly exclaimed, "Detective, we stumbled upon something significant."

"What is it?" Detective Black asked, approaching the documents on the desk.

"It appears to be divorce papers," Miss Cleverly revealed, holding up a set of legal documents. "These documents outline a divorce between Ms. Delights and Mr Ortiz." Mr Harrison followed up.

Detective Black's eyebrows furrowed in surprise. "Ms. Delights and Ralph Ortiz were actually married then? I knew it!" She clicked her fingers in acknowledgment.

"It seems so," Claire affirmed. "These papers indicate that there was a legal marriage between them, and these are the divorce papers finalised between the two."

The detective perused the documents, noting the dates and signatures. "This sheds a different light on their relationship. Were there any other related documents?"

Miss Cleverly continued sifting through the paperwork. "Yes, there are other legal documents, mostly pertaining to property and financial matters between Ms. Jessica Delights and Mr Ralph Ortiz. It seems they were involved in several shared investments and assets."

"There were mentions to the circus deeds too in the paper work but we will come on to this later." Oscar followed up.

Detective Black's mind raced as she pondered the implications of this newfound information. "This adds a layer of complexity to the situation. Their history together might have more significance than we initially thought."

Connie was deeply engrossed in the files spread across the table, noted another set of documents that caught her attention. Among the divorce papers, a legal notice stood out-an application for legal action against Ralph Ortiz.