chapter - 2

When I reach the portland airport, I search for Jane, my best friend, my advisor, my princess! she has this "I-don't-care" attitude in her which probably makes her enjoy her life. she can make a crying person laugh, mostly me though. she has dark brown hair, and she's tall, a bit more. I remember bunking classes and planning to see a porn and then she'd pass vulgar comments, trust me, you couldn't stop laughing whenever you're with her and for that I love her.

My thoughts are interuppted when jane calls my name from behind and I see her coming towards me hastily and pulling me in a tight hug. She wears a peech sweater and tight blue geans with her long boots and coat, her hair pulled up in a ponytail. "How's you" she hugs me again.

"I'm good, just bored of--"

"I know. your father's politics."

"true" I laugh dryly.

we both head to her car and I sit in the passenger seat and she drives to my new apartment. the drive is silent, comfortable silence. the smell of vanilla fills her whole Audi. "so..what's the plan?" she asks a smile on her face.

"Nothing much. I will probably set my apartment and then prepare for tomorrow's meeting with Paul Greenwood."

"sounds boring." she snorts

"You tell me, you've been working in Greenwood's Publishing since two years. how's it?"

"Everything's going good. Greenwood is a great man. he'll surely appriciate your work. after all you love books, so probably you can edit them perfectly, I assume."

"Cmon" I laugh again.

by the time we reach to my apartment. the talks are simple about our families and stuff. she takes my apartment's keys while I manage to carry my stuff in the apartment. when I enter in my home, I notice that my right side is drawing room followed by kitchen and living room and the left side is guest room, I assume and in front of me are the stairs for my bedroom. the apartment is well furnished and all the furniture is well settled.

I take my stuff to my bedroom while jane relaxes at the couch in the living room. "what a lovely little scarlett's place." she comments or appriciates I don't know.

"thank you" I shout from my room.

"I wasn't really appriciating." she says giggling."I knew you'd say thank you though"

"better shut up, would you!"I snort

"NO!" she laughes loudly.

"don't disturb me and help me." I say ignoring her teasing.

we both put my clothes in my cupboard, books in my book shelf, we set the guest room and kitchen and we clean the house.  we finally relax at my couch after, I assume two hours or maybe more, I don't know. "so"I say "where are you living?"

"next door!"

"wow! that's amazing!" i say, jumping with excitement.

"when I came to know that you're living here, my reaction was the same, I thought of telling you immediately but then again I thought of giving a suprise."

"no really, that's really cool you know!"

"yea It is! if you'd be afraid of ghosts while sleeping I won't mind sleeping at your place." she laughes loudly.

"it was, when i was young but it no longer exists now." I sniff.

"don't lie little scarlett." she says laughing.

"I'm not lying."

"c'mon, you can't hide it from me! your best friend!" laughing again.

"change the topic please." I feel my cheeks blush.

her phone rings and she quickly stands up from the couch hugs me and says, "knock the door if you want anything. okay?"

"yep." I say. she seemed a little serious, which I think is very rare.

she hugs me and we change our goodbyes.

When I go back to my room I see my mum's two missed calls. I immediately call her back she picks up quickly. "hello?"she says.

"hey mom, I reached here."

"oh thank god, I was worried. did jane came to pick you up?"

"yes she arrived and we settled my apartment together and she lives just next door."

"Ah! that's good. have you talked to Greenwoods"

"not yet. but I will don't worry."

"okay. just tell me whatever he responded."

"okay mom."

Paul Greenwood is my father's friend. I remember him bringing presents on Christmas for me and my sister when I was young. my sister used to enjoy his company because he brings presents for her but I wasn't too close to him.

I hung up and decide to do some grocery shopping.

thank you so much guys for reading this story. It means a lot. I love you. :* :*