chapter - 30

(note - the previous chapter, as you all know, love, is not at all connected to the story, so don't take it that way.)

Harry's P. O. V.

i throw the keys on the couch and sigh. today was a long day, really and i could see scarlett staring at me after every two minutes and i doubt if there's something wrong. and on top of that, her birthday's next week and i haven't decided anything, where am I going to take her on the occasion!

"look harry, i know you are hiding something. even though you reveal it or not." she says straight and that's when i realized that she is continuously glaring at me like she'd swallow me up.

"why are you asking that anyway?" i try to act sober.

" 'cause you were all quiet and lost today. you seemed frustrated all the time and may i know the reason behind it please?" she folds her hands over her chest, disgusted.

"no I wasn't..um.." i seriously don't know the answer and i cannot tell her the truth.

"look harry, you know you can tell me. we can sort it out. please trust me baby." she almost whispers, caressing my cheeks with her soft and gentle hands.

"i know i can but..--" i feel relieved when her phone beeps at a perfect syncronisation and she stroms out picking it up.

i rush my hands in my curls. what am i supposed to tell her? that i'm getting rubbish mystery letters, threatening me. No. Ofcourse not. i need to find a way to escape this mess before something bad happens to me, i have to.

Scarlett's P. O. V.

i hate these company calls, they're irritating and annoying. i rush in the drawing room to resume our conversation but i find him in the kitchen, cooking. no matter how hard he tries to run away from my endless list of questions, but he knows, at the end he would be the one telling me. i guess, i shouldn't push him so hard, he needs his space and time to think over whatever problem he is facing.

"what are you cooking?"  i say, leaning against the shelf.

"chicken. i bet, you'd love it. i make the best chicken." harry and his sarcasm. no doubt.

"Ahan, but i'll be going back today at my apartment."

"why? i thought you'd be staying here until Robin, i mean dad goes..back." he frowns.

"um..i don't have my car and i didn't brought my whole cupboard here." i don't want to annoy him but i really have to take care of my apartment.

"please stay? i cannot tolerate that dickhead alone here." a laugh escapes from my mouth at his use of words for his father.

i open my mouth to answer and the front door squeeks. the policemen stand there, seems like they've entered the wrong address, I am damn sure. i, followed by harry stand at the doorway with a perfect frown.

"hello, I'm officer Brad Reyes Mr. Styles." he says, confident, chin up.

"is something wrong sir?" harry takes a step forward but i'm still curious.

"I'm sorry to say Styles but.." he takes of his cap and holds it under his arm, his head bowed down.

"go ahead officer." i know its taking each and every fibre of him to act sober.

"I'm so sorry but your father, Mr. Robin Styles, died in a car crash, during his way to home, we need you to come with us to the portland hospital for the body."

harry stands still, pain crashing through his eyes. i expect him to breakdown but he doesn't. he stands still. I quickly hug him tight, caressing his back up and down, trying to make him feel a little less hurt although i know that this won't help.

each and every second seems like an hour as we both sit at the passenger seat of the car. harry haven't uttered a word since he heard the news nor did he cried at all. I just don't know what to do to minimize the pain he's goin' through. there was already something, due to which he was all frustrated and now, this is worse. harry's dad is no more.

"we have conveyed this news to Mrs. Anne styles. she said she'll be here in half an hour." Brad informs us. harry doesn't react at all.

harry's dad, whom he had just started to repair his relationship with, is gone. its suprising, for hole life changes in just mere seconds. we were laughing just minutes ago and now, here we are tangled in our own griefs. I hate these complications in his life. he deserves to be happy. first he lost his girlfriend and now when he was trying so hard to make up with his dad, he's no more. I'm not even sure if he would be able to look up to the body.

we step into the hospital, he doesn't even look at me. his eyes, clueless.I know, his each step is taking a heavy pang on his heart but still he walks behind the officers, all blank.

"this way." there comes the door of the room where the body is kept and i can already feel my lips trembling. I take a look at harry before going in. he stands without a word, no tears, emotionless.

"i know, the way you're feeling right now but..we have..to face it..look at your dad for one last time harry please." tears have already started to fall from my eyes but he doesn't respond, instead he walks in, talking small steps. i cover my mouth from my hands as a sob slips from my tongue and I sprint away. I litrally cannot face it. its too much for him to take in. its unfair, so unfair to him.

twists aren't that bad, I guess. haha Xd.

I love you :* :*