Chapter - 6

An hour has passed and I still haven't read a single word of the story, its lying open on the same page where I stopped before lunch though. but I'm just bored here. instead I look at harry who's drowned in his manuscript, hir curls falling covering his half face as he pushes them back again. His emerald eyes stuck on the letters and pencil as before in his teeth as he reads, thinks and then writes something on it.

"stop staring scarlett." harry says, I push myself on my seat and again start to read the manuscript from the word on which my eye goes on first. I don't utter a single word in reply. "I know you were staring at me instead of focusing on your work." now he's definitely mocking me.

"no..I'm...I'm...not." I fumble at words.

"well That I saw." he laughs dryly.

i decide to ignore his comments and to read my story..but unfortunately I read a single line more then millions yet I can't tell whatever it meant. I seriously don't want to read it.

"Its a proper shit and its boring" I say to myself.

"no. you're absolutely wrong. I love reading and editing the script." ohmygod! he heard! I almost whispered it! shit! great!

"what...what do you...mean?"

"I mean exactly what you're thinking right now."

"um..I'm s..sorry"

"sorry!" he laughs loudly.

i shift again in my seat and start to (actually try) to read the manuscript. for almost half an hour I really read the story as jane calls me, "hey scarly, c'mon its already 6:15."

"um..yeah I'm coming." I close the manuscript, clean the scattered stuff and stand up from my seat to move as I hang my purse on my left shoulder. just as I move, harry calls me, "so tomorrow after work then?"

I turn around "yeah sure."

"in my car." he winks.

"Of course in your black volkswagen." I comment.

we both head to the main hall which is on groundfloor of our building. I choose the stairs as I climb down and reach the corridors with jane, oliver, harry and stacie. they all stand at the corridors, stacie and oliver waiting for the bus as we also wait with them, harry and jane have their vehicles though and I'm going with jane.

they chit chat about this and thats but honestly, I don't have anything to talk to, "hey scarly speak something?" stacie says.

"um.. well, I probably, don't know what to say or ask." I admit.

"I can understand I was the same when I was new to the publishing." oliver laughs. "true." jane accompany him.

harry stares at me for quiet long time. I shift uncomfortably and he quickly eyes' on something or the other. maybe he noticed me or maybe not. I don't know.maybe he likes me, No he can't he himself admitted. but what if he does. "stop thinking so much about him." I remind myself and take deep breaths. harry stands besides me and whispers in my ear, "you've a boyfriend?!" he frowns.

"what! No!" I answer with a frown.

"seems like that" he says somehow smiling.

"what makes you think that I've a boyfriend?!" I ask with the same frown.

"you said, 'stop thinking about him' so I thought your 'him' is your boyfriend!" I'm clearly shocked. how does he always listen to whatever the hell I say or whisper.

"how do you hear to it?! and by the way it wasn't my boyfriend but actually he--(I cut myself before speaking 'you') he was my brother." I lie.

Harry's P. O. V.

she is lying. I can tell. the way she spoked, she was absolutely definitely lying and she was thinking about me. surely me. I push this thought, exchange goodbyes with my friends and head to my car and drive back to my apartment. throught the drive I think about her, her hair, her blue eyes, and SCARLETT.she's incredibly beautiful and hot and glamourous and sexy. I so do wish she was my girlfriend.

when I enter my apartment I throw my bag and keys on the couch, move to my room and take a quick shower. I change into my cycling shots and a blue T-shirt. I lie on my bed and cuddle with my blankets and close my eyes.

hours pass but I can't feel sleep conquering my eyes. finally I start to stare at the ceiling "its boring!" I almostly shout. i push myself from the bed and to the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

I could feel the hotness of the cup which I hold from both of my hands. I turn on the television and flip over the channels, channel after channel, but I can't find anything interesting so i turn the machine off. I go back to my bedroom and sit beside the window with the hot coffee of mine. somehow scarlett again comes to my mind. before I could even think what I actually am doing, I'm calling her. she picks up a little later which dissapoints me a bit. after all its two in the morning. "hello?" her voice is a little broken maybe cause' of sleep. shit! I woke her! oh No!

"um..um..hello. its harry.."i answer.

"harry? Is everything alright?"

"yeah! I just called you cause' I couldn't sleep"

"harry did you took your eye to the clock! its two in the fucking morning and here you are calling me and disturbing my sleep." i think she's annoyed.

"um..I'm sorry.I'll talk to you later" I say

"bye. have a goodnight."

we hung up and I again push mysrlf on my bed to sleep but this time my eyes are heavier and i think now I can sleep. maybe cause' my ears were longing to hear her sweet voice. maybe they wanted to her speak my name. maybe they wanted a 'good night' from her. my wasn't that capable to think much as my eyes close shut.