Chapter - 15

Harry's P. O. V.

how can she even say this. harry and I can never share a relationship. that's what she said. to erica. out of all people, erica. she is a fucking receptionist. that's what happens to me. whenever something comes a little closer to me, something or the other pulls it away. I had just begin to think that there is still a little scope for me to be with someone again, that I'd be happy again, that my broken pieces have started recovering..but instead those pieces worked too damn hard that now they give up. they are shattered again..I'm left broken..again.

but its the truth right. we can't share a relationship. her father is a politician and I..will never be with my asshole father. she never had a past she never experienced what I did. she never fell in love.

"um..for?"

"for..what I just..said." I can tell she's afraid.

"its the truth." I scoff.

"harry--"

"its okay..yeah..I'm alright. don't worry." I immediately fire up through the elevator. I'm hurt..but its not even her mistake..that's what she think..stupid me I thought she feels the same.

Scarlett's P. O. V.

shit. shit. shit. I knew it. I knew he heard that. i guess he's hurt. but why would he be? I didn't said anything wrong..right?

i follow him but I choose the stairs. I see him on oliver's table as I run as fast as I can. " harry(breath) can you (breath) help me with a doubt?"

"after a minute, I'm discussing something can't you see." rude.

"oh okay." I walk back but again I turn around towards him. "can you..um..do you--" i want to start a conversation.

"you what..?"

"me..um actually..I..I f-forgot my pen." I say promptly.

"you can use mine, its on the table there." he again start to talk to oliver.

"harry can you--"

"scarlett what! want to hear that I'm hurt, so, yes I really am hurt. and now because of you. got it. heard? now please leave."

i stand there still. I'm freezed. tears pour in my eyes making their way out. I stare at him.

"didn't you heard that scarlett? LEAVE." he shouts now. he's in pure anger. there is no point in talking to him right now. I bite my lip attempting to hold onto my tears, don't cry don't cry. but I finally do as I head to the washroom.

I notice that how ugly I look with the smudged mascara. I clean my eyes and wash my face twice so that it looks a bit good. my face still appears red and eyes a little swollen but what can I do?

I sit at my table and start to read my manuscript. harry is seated on the other side staring at me but I avoid his gaze. I know its my mistake but whatever I said was not wrong. he was rude, way too much rude to me,he shouldn't have. I was probably trying to apologise at that time though. I tried to talk to him. I owe a self respect. this is so not fair. I will avoid him until he regrets. he, himself know that whatever I blurted was the truth, then what is the thing that is bothering him so fucking much.

                 ******

the entire day goes by, followed by me, completing three manuscripts. Paul has appriciated me for my work. he said he hadn't expect three this much earlier, like just in four days, but now, that he has higher expectations from me. I'll prove them right. I finally am happy after the fight. its a kind of boost for me. my thoughts are interrupted by jane, "scarly are you coming? or again 'an hour extra work' thing with harry?" she laughs.

"she has 'an hour extra work' jane. you guys carry on." just as I open my mouth to speak, styles speak for me.

"okay. have fun guys." she is taunting us. probably laughing. I blush.

I again push myself into the work. I know it will be the most awkward hour with harry. it will be the most uncomfortable time, I bet, as in its only us in the whole building, I know I will end up talking with him, I know I will.

"Scarlett..?" he breaks the silence.

"um..yeah." I don't see him. I continue to stare at my manuscript.

"I.." he stands up again to stand behind me like he everytime does whenever we talk. he scratches his head with his fingers as if he's trying to find something to say. he continues, "I..I'm..sorry.."

"alright." I continue to ignore his gaze. He rolls his chair to face me. but me, I don't even look at him.

"so..I'm sorry?" he says again.

"I heard that."

"no you didn't." i finally look at him. his eyes are pleasing with a shy kind of smile. his dimples deep. god he looks..adorable. he rests his hands on his knees as his fingers intertwined. he continues, " so..I'm sorry..again?"

"look, you can't just throw everything on me okay. It was my mistake and I tried to apologize but you didn't gave me the chance." I roll my eyes

"I know, love." aww.., " you definitely don't want me to kiss you and apologize" he laughs aloud. pointing on me.

"course not." I join him. we laugh for ten minutes continuously. my stomach hurts now.

"you want coffee?" he finally asks.

"yeah, sure." I say, smiling at him. he comes back after 5 minutes with two cups of coffee.

"there." he hands one to me.

"thank you." after finishing our coffee. we spent the rest of the time completing our manuscripts.

I couldn't even figure out, when this small hour spent before harry calls me again, "scarlett, I guess we should move."

"what's the time?" I ignore him as I'm having a full interest in my manuscript.

" 7:00."

"hmm..."

"so c'mon we gotta go, complete it tomorrow." he stands up takes ahold of my wrist and takes my bag. he drags me out of the hall.

"harry, let go of me.." I laugh.

"okay." he immediately lets go when we finally step in the elevator. we exchange goodbyes from erica and with each other.

vote and comment. I hope you guys have started enjoying harlett.

I Love You :* :*