- Cheering mom up - SJ

Name: Lea Kayle Johansson
Age: 10

Parents: Scarlett Johansson
Siblings: Rose (6)

Plot summary:  A cute story between Lea (10) and her little sister, Rose, (6) as they ask their babysitter for help: they want to do something to cheer up their mom since she is divorcing their dad. They had just moved into a new house a few weeks ago and the two girls noticed their mom is sad.

Hope you like it <3

2498 Words :) (not spellchecked, sorry)
TW: X
_______
_._._._._

Lea POV

Moving into a new house had been an adventure, with boxes to unpack, new rooms to explore, and a different neighborhood to get used to. But amidst the excitement, there was a lingering shadow—Mom's sadness. Rose, my little sister, and I noticed it. It was in the way her smiles seemed a little forced, and how sometimes she'd retreat into her thoughts, her eyes clouded with worry.

One evening, after Dad had left, I found Rose sitting on the steps, a concerned look on her face. "Lea, do you think Mom's okay?" she asked, her voice barely a whisper.

I sat down beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I don't know, Rose. I think she's sad about the divorce."

Rose nodded, her brow furrowing. "I don't like seeing her sad. What can we do?"

That's when an idea sparked between us—something to cheer Mom up. We wanted to make her smile, to remind her that even though things were changing, our love for her remained constant.

So, we put our heads together, brainstorming ideas to lift Mom's spirits. That's when we remembered Emily, our babysitter, and her knack for creativity. We approached her one afternoon after school, our hearts pounding with nervous excitement. We knew she would be with us until mom came home right before diner, so today was te perfect day. 

"Emily, can we talk to you about something?" I asked, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

She knelt down to our eye level, a warm smile on her face. "Of course, Lea, Rose. What's on your mind?"

Taking a deep breath, I explained, "Mom's been sad since the divorce, and we want to do something nice for her. Something to make her smile."

Emily's eyes softened with understanding. "That's really sweet, girls. What do you have in mind?"

With enthusiasm, we shared our plan—to surprise Mom with a special evening, just the three of us. We wanted to make her favorite dinner, set up a cozy spot in the living room, and watch her favorite movie together.

Emily's smile widened. "That sounds like a fantastic idea! I'd love to help you both make it happen."

The plan was set, and our excitement bubbled over as Emily, Rose, and I piled into the car, eager to make our surprise for Mom a reality. The grocery store, with its aisles of ingredients and possibilities, felt like a land of magic, holding all the elements needed to create a memorable evening.

As Emily drove, Rose and I chattered away, brainstorming what Mom would love for dinner. "Let's make her favorite pasta dish!" I suggested, remembering how Mom always found comfort in a bowl of spaghetti with her special homemade sauce.

"Great idea!" Rose exclaimed, nodding enthusiastically. "And we can make garlic bread too!"

Emily smiled at our enthusiasm, guiding us through the aisles with a cart in tow. We scoured the shelves for the perfect ingredients, carefully selecting fresh tomatoes, basil, pasta, and everything needed for our special garlic bread.