- Mama's little star - SJ

IM BACK! imma try to post a one shot every sunday again! wanna help me out with idea's? please do and leave them here >> <3

Name: Lea Kayle Johansson

Age: 6

Parents: Scarlett Johansson
Siblings: X

Plot summary: Lea missed her mama

Hope you like it <3

1214 Words :) (not spellchecked, sorry)
TW: X
_______
_._._._._

Lea POV

I lie in bed, surrounded by a mountain of pillows and blankets. My throat feels scratchy, and my head hurts. Mama always tells me to rest when I'm sick, but it's hard when I miss her so much. Mama is an actress, which means she has to be away a lot, especially when she's filming a big movie. Today is one of those days, and I've been with my babysitter, Emily, all day.

Emily is nice. She makes the best chicken soup and lets me watch my favorite cartoons, but it's not the same as having Mama here. The sun is starting to set, casting orange and pink lights through the window. I sniffle and look at the clock. Mama should be home soon. I hope she hurries.

Emily comes into my room with a warm smile. "How are you feeling, Lea?" she asks, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Still sick," I mumble, pulling the blankets tighter around me. "Do you think Mama will be home soon?"

"She should be," Emily says, smoothing my hair. "I talked to her earlier, and she said she'll try to be back before bedtime."

That makes me feel a little better. I nod and reach for Mr. Floppy, my favorite stuffed bunny. Mr. Floppy has been with me since I was a baby, and hugging him always makes me feel safe.

"Do you want to watch another movie?" Emily asks, trying to cheer me up.

"Okay," I say, giving her a small smile. We pick a movie, and Emily sets it up on the TV in my room. She sits with me for a while, but then she has to go check on dinner.

As the movie plays, my eyes start to droop. I'm so tired, but I don't want to sleep until Mama comes home. Just as I'm about to drift off, I hear the front door open. My heart leaps. Mama's home!

I sit up, my blankets falling around me. Moments later, Mama appears in the doorway. She looks tired, but when she sees me, her face lights up with a smile.

"Hi, my little star," she says, coming over to sit beside me. She leans down and gives me a gentle hug, careful not to squeeze too tight. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're here," I say, cuddling up to her. She smells like her favorite perfume, and it makes me feel warm and safe.

Mama strokes my hair and kisses my forehead. "I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier, sweetie. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Mama," I whisper. "Emily took good care of me, though."

"I'm glad to hear that," Mama says, smiling at Emily, who is standing in the doorway. "Thank you, Emily."

"No problem at all," Emily replies. "I'm just glad Lea is feeling a bit better."

Mama stays with me while Emily finishes making dinner. We talk about her day on set and the scenes she filmed. Even though she's a big movie star, she always makes time for me. She tells me funny stories about her co-stars and the silly things that happened between takes. I giggle, forgetting for a moment how sick I feel.

"Guess what?" Mama says suddenly, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"What?" I ask, curious.

"I brought you something from the set," she says, pulling out a small bag from behind her back. "It's a little souvenir."

I take the bag and peek inside. There's a shiny necklace with a star pendant, just like the one she wears in the movie she's filming. My eyes widen in amazement.

"It's beautiful, Mama! Thank you!" I exclaim, throwing my arms around her neck. She laughs softly and hugs me back.

"You're welcome, my little star," she says. "I thought it might make you feel a bit better."

Just then, Emily calls from the kitchen, "Dinner's ready!"

Mama helps me out of all the blankets and pillows, and we make our way to the dining room. Emily has prepared my favorite—chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The smell makes my stomach rumble, and I realize how hungry I am.

We sit down at the table, and Mama serves me a bowl of soup. "This looks delicious, Emily. Thank you for taking care of Lea today."

Emily smiles and takes a seat with us. "It was my pleasure. Lea was a trooper, even though she wasn't feeling well."

I take a spoonful of the warm soup, and it feels soothing on my sore throat. "Thank you, Emily. And thank you, Mama, for coming home early."

Mama reaches across the table and squeezes my hand. "I wouldn't miss dinner with my little star for anything."

We eat together, talking and laughing. Mama tells us more funny stories from the set, and Emily shares some jokes to keep the mood light. I feel so much better having them both here with me. The food, the company, and the love from Mama and Emily make this the best dinner I've had in a long time.

After we finish eating, Emily starts gathering her things. "I should be heading home now," she says with a warm smile. "But I'll see you tomorrow, Lea."

Mama stands up and walks her to the door. "Thank you again, Emily. I really appreciate everything."

"Of course, Scarlett. Have a good night!" Emily replies, waving goodbye to me.

"Bye, Emily! Thanks for everything!" I call out, waving back.

Mama takes me to the couch, and I curl up next to her, holding her tight. "I missed you so much, Mama," I whisper.

"I missed you too, my little star," she says, wrapping her arms around me. "I'm here now." 

 I snuggle even closer to Mama. "Mama, don't go anywhere," I plead.

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart," she assures me. "Let's get you ready for bed."

"No, Mama," I whine, hugging her tighter. "I don't want to go to bed yet. Can we stay up and watch another movie? Please?"

Mama looks at me with a gentle smile. "You need your rest, sweetie. You're still sick."

"But I want to be with you," I insist, my eyes filling with tears. "I missed you so much."

Mama hugs me tighter. "I know, my little star. How about this: we'll read an extra story tonight, and I'll stay with you until you fall asleep. Does that sound good?"

I nod reluctantly, wiping my eyes. "Okay, Mama."

She carries me to my room, and we settle into bed. Mama picks my favorite storybook and starts reading. Her voice is soothing, and I start to feel sleepy. When she finishes the story, I beg for one more, and she agrees.

After the second story, my eyelids are heavy, but I still don't want to let her go. "Mama, can you stay with me all night?" I ask, my voice barely a whisper.

Mama kisses my forehead. "I'll stay until you fall asleep, my little star. I promise."

I nod, snuggling into her warmth. As I drift off to sleep, I feel safe and happy knowing that Mama is home. No matter how busy she gets, she always makes time for me. And that's the best feeling in the world.

_______
_._._._._

Published: June 23th, 2024