C7:Daniel and Elijah

After spending the entire afternoon listening to Andre..., I mean Daniel talk about his mother, I was exhausted.

Adelyn was sweet, kind and amazing. Her connection with Christ was something beautiful, something both Daniel and I wished we had. She could talk with and understand God in a way no one else could. All the stories she told to Daniel were amazing.

Even Daniel's eyes lit up when he talked about her. Even I must admit, Daniel is better than Andrew.

I smiled as I went to sleep. Talking to Daniel was refreshing. He was calm, sweet and since I didn't know better, I'd say he looked just like Adelyn. The picture he showed me proved it. He had her hair, her smile and his eyes. Oh, his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------
Later that night
Andrew's POV

I was in a white room, my room when I was young. Everything was white. The curtains, the bed, the wardrobe except the floors. Even I was dressed in white. As for the floors, they were greenery. Flowers of all shapes and colours blooming and gently moving to the symphony of a woman's singing.

I couldn't see her face but I knew who she was. The blonde hair tied neatly into a low bun kind of gave it away. I hugged her for a long time. "Mom. Oh, mom" I said causing her to chuckle.

She broke the hug to take a clear look at my face and smiled. "Danny! My boy." She hugged me again. I was happy. After a long time, I was her Danny again.

"You've been naughty, Daniel. Why did you disobey God's command? Huh? It was simple, do-not-change-your-name." She said counting her words.

"Oh, come on mom. It wasn't my fault. Dad forced me and besides I'm sorry." I said in defence." She hit my head.

"How dare you say something bad against your father? Take responsibility for your actions and quit playing the blaming game." I can't believe after everything she still loved my father.

"Ouch! Ok fine mom. I admit, it was my fault. I was scared and grieving. I'm sorry I lost my identity in the process." She looked at me and played with my hair.

"You should be. But as your mother, I can't help but forgive you. It's ok, boy. All that matters is that you're here now." She pulled me into another hug.

"Now all you must do is unite with your brother. Talk to him and both of you must remember who you truly are. My Eli and Danny. I will leave soon, permanently. The hard work will begin there. It is important that when that time comes, you will be ready to listen to God's word." I gasped.

"What do you mean, leave permanently? Mom, you're already gone. I have to sleep to see you and even then it's not every night I'll see you." She sighed and plucked a dandelion before blowing it at my face.

I squinted my eyes and she laughed. "Honey, there's a time when you'll need to continue this journey alone. With no one but God in your dreams. And your loved ones, alive. The dead must stay dead after all." My heart tore.

"But mom....." She lifted her hand to stop me. "Ssshh, Danny. It's ok, don't fight it." I sighed and decided to make use of the time we have together. "I really missed you, mamma." She chuckled.