Betrayal

Revenge of The Celestial Mage
Chapter 52: Betrayal

Rain and Melanie come back to the guild hall and see that Lucy, was still standing there frozen from Rain's sudden outburst earlier.

"Rain....I'm sorry. I really should have promised you. Everything you said is true." She begins.

"Lucy..."

"You are right. A wizard and true friend should keep their promises and never break them."

Lucy looks at me with saddened eyes. "I-I." I put my hands on her shoulders and her lips froze still in silence.

"It's ok." I say. "I hurt you in a really bad way. I wouldn't forgive myself if I knew what I felt like. But you're forgiving me already?" I nodded.

"I shouldn't stay angry for something like that forever."

Lucy hangs her head as if ashamed for her actions. I lift her chin up so she looks at me.

"Lucy, you have been like a sister to me. I looked up to you and I still do. Because I've always dreamt to become like you someday." Lucy smiled. "Thanks Rain, you really are my best friend."

I take my hands off her shoulders. Once Lucy turned around, I gasped softly. "Of course. That's why Lucy has been acting so strange lately."

Lucy, you feel like you're safe but the truth is, you're not. I notice you're starting to wear armor like your former comrade, Erza. You have been shielding your heart to protect it from ever breaking again. But wearing your armor, doesn't stop the pain.

Ever since she dumped Sting, both of their hearts broke.

Lucy doesn't show it but she is truthfully heartbroken. Her armor had a gold breastplate with a cross down the front with black skirt and knee high brown combat boots.

I turn around and I see Lucy's past. I saw her as an innocent little girl. Whenever Lucy felt pain, I felt it too.

(A/N: Much similar to Sensory Link, but it's called a Life Link).

All the pain and abandonment that she went through in her childhood ached. All the heartbreak, the pain, the sorrow, and the betrayal.

Even the abuse her adopted father put her through and the sadness. I blink a few times and I realized that Lucy was looking at me with the most remorseful eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Rain. It's all my fault. The truth is, I'm still somewhat angry at Natsu. But not as angry as I was before meeting up with him a day earlier." I shake my head.

"It's not your fault. It's just a stupid mistake, ne?"

I grabbed Lucy's hand and pulled her back on her feet. I pull her in an embrace. I sing a song that's one of my favorites as a wizard. (Start the song here...there is a 4 measure long Intro and so listen carefully to follow along.)

(Like The Rain by: Clint Black)
I never liked the rain until I walked through it with you
Every thunder cloud that came my way was one more I might not get through

On the darkest day there's always light and now I see it too

But I never liked the rain until I walked through it with you. I hear it falling in the night and filling up my mind

All the heaven's rivers come to light I see it all unwind. I hear it talking through the trees and on the window pain

And when I hear it I just can't believe I never liked the rain

Like the rain I have fallen for you and I know just why you

Liked the rain always calling for you I'm falling for you now

Just like the rain
When the cloud is rolling over thunder striking me. It's as bright as lightning and I wonder why I couldn't see

That it's always good and when the flood is gone. We still remain

Guess I've known all along I just belong here with you falling

Like the rain I have fallen for you and I know why you liked the rain always calling for you, I'm falling for you now

Just like the rain I have fallen for you
I'm falling for you now just like the rain.

And when the night falls on our better days
And we're looking to the sky for the winds to take us high above the plains. I know that we'll find better ways to look into the eye

Of the storms that will be calling forever we'll be falling like the rain I have fallen for you and I know just why you liked the rain always calling for you, I'm falling for you now just

Like the rain I have fallen for you and I know just why you like the rain always calling for you, I'm falling for you now just

Like the rain (6x)

Lucy and I pull away and I see that her tears were gone.

But her cheeks looked puffy from crying. "C'mon, let's go to Crocus. It's time to show Fairy Tail what we're really made of."

Natsu's P.O.V

Luce, I love you with all my heart and everyone will always be here for you.

Lisanna walked up to me. "Hey Natsu, I'm sorry for everything. I never meant to hurt Lucy. Will you ever forgive me?"

"I feel like I shouldn't. Because Lucy, has turned into a cold hearted monster thanks to you." I see tears trickle down her face. "Natsu...I'm sorry. I really am. I never wanted to hurt the guild."

I turn on my heel and walk out of the guild. "I've had enough of you, Lisanna. It's time for your ultimate punishment from me and Lucy."

(Timeskip: 2 hours later)

Gramps was standing on the stage with Cana, Mystogan, and Gildarts.

"Listen up my Fairy Tail children!! Since the GMG's organizers are inviting us back to Crocus which is in five months, we will head to Akane Resort to train!"

He chose me, Gray, Juvia, Erza, Nira, Sumi, and Naoki. (Obviously) He sent us to train at the beach to unlock our Third Origin.

"Ultear has decided to volunteered to help us unlock our third origins. Good luck minna."

During the train ride, my sisters and I were knocked out. Why? Thanks to Erza. Good thing she didn't leave us behind like she did to me during the Lullaby with Eisenwald incident.

Too busy talking to Gray and Lucy (when she was still a newbie) about what she heard at the pub.

Lucy's P.O.V

Scarlet, Raiya, Helia, and Ghost wanted to meet me out in the forest privately. "Hey you guys, what's wrong? Is everything ok?" I ask.

"Hime, we have been keeping a secret from you and we regretted to keep quiet. Until it was the right time. And it is."

Raiya and Ghost look at them and go to stand by me while Helia and Scarlet remained.

"Lucy-hime, these two wolves aren't who you think they are to anyone else. The two wolves that stand before you are spies from a dark guild."

"They're traitors!" Raiya growled maliciously.

"Ghost, Raiya, Lucy-hime...gomen'ne. We enjoyed being with you and proud members of the guild. We loved serving you...and being with you."

Suddenly, Helia transformed into what looked like a very evil demonic wolf. Scarlet did the same. They were beyond scary. Helia lunged and Raiya slashed her fangs. Helia took her down with just one long giant swipe of her paw.

"Raiya, NOO!!" I shrieked and Ghost howled. We run to Raiya's side. Ghost is licking her wounds and nuzzling her face with his little black nose.