Chapter 39

Saturday night

Clay's P.O.V.

I walked up to the Chinese restaurant and looked up before walking in and immediately regretted it. Sat at a table in the front window was Elana with some guy. They moved their chairs out and got up and started walking towards the door. I turned around to leave but she walked out before I could. "Clay?" I turned at the sound of her voice. "Hey.." She smiled at me. God that smile. I smiled back at her. "How are you?" She asked sweetly. I shrugged. "Good. How about you?" She returned the shrug. "Fine." I smiled. I was fixing to say something else when I heard a voice behind me. "Hey sorry I'm late...oh hey Elana." Ashley said walking up behind me. My smile dropped, and I could see disappointment in Elana's eyes. "Hello Ashley." Elana greeted with a forced smile. She looked over at that boy who stood there with a confused look on his face. "Ready to go?" She asked him. He nodded and wrapped an arm around her. My blood boiled seeing his arm on her. She looked back up at me and Ashley. "It was nice seeing you." She said before heading out into the parkinglot with that boy. "You too!" Ashley called after her. I looked over at Ashley and sighed. I turned around to head back to my car my appetite now gone. Ashley reached out and grabbed my arm stopping me. "Where are you going? I thought we were eating?" I moved my arm out of her grip. "You eat. I'm going home. I'm not hungry." I replied before walking out to my car. I walked out to the parking lot where I heard Elana arguing with him. "They're friends of mine Matt don't worry about it." "All I'm saying is you could at least have introduced me." I heard 'Matt' answer. I thought about going over there but I thought better of it and got in my car and drove off before I could change my mind. I arrived home and jumped out of my car before I lost my mind. I couldn't get the image of his hands on her out of my head. My blood boiled at the thought.

*30 Minutes later*

Ashley walked in the front door. I looked up to see her sigh at me. I staggered up to her and planted a sloppy kiss on her lips. She was shocked at first but soon kissed me back. I intensified it by picking her up and walking towards the couch. She tangled her hands in my hair and wrapped her legs around me. I thought about Elana, and fell to the couch with Ashley still wrapped around me.

* * * * *

I woke up the next morning in my bed with Ashley who smiled at me when I looked over at her. "Goodmorning my wonderful husband." She greeted before planting a kiss on my lips. I smiled at her. "Morning." The sun shining through the window made my head hurt. I rolled over and grabbed my pants off the floor and pulled them on before getting up and trudging towards the kitchen to find Asprin for my hangover. You have to be drunk and think about your ex to have sex with your wife. I almost laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation. I took the medicine and went back to my bedroom and went straight to the shower. I took a quick shower and got out wrapping a towel around me. Ashley came in the bathroom with just her housecoat on. She came over to me and tried to kiss me. I moved away from her. She smirked and came over to me again. "Ashley I'm not in the mood!" I snapped. She took a step back with a hurt look on her face. I just sighed and walked out. I quickly got ready and went off to work.

* * * * * *

I groaned sitting at my desk. Why did these freshman have to be so loud? I sighed thankful when the bell rang. I smiled when I realized it was Elana's class. She came in and walked to the back of the room with Margret. She glanced up at me and smiled. I returned the smile. Margret shot me a look and I looked away from her and Elana. Class went by quick, too quickly for me. Elana was on her way out the door when I called after her. "Miss Smith will you come here please." She looked up and turned around and came back. Margret glanced back, but kept walking. Once the classroom was emptied out and the door was shut I walked back over to my desk and sat on the edge of it in front of Elana who was sitting on the table in front of my desk. We sat in silence for a second before she looked up at me. "You needed something?" She asked. "Oh..I was just wondering how everything was going." I mumbled. She smiled. "I'm doing pretty good. How are you Clay?" She asked me sweetly. I looked away from her and smiled. "Fine." She nodded. "That's good." Her phone vibrated and she looked down at it and smiled. "Hey I gotta go.. I'll see you Monday?" I gave her a fake smile. "See you Monday." She turned and walked out the door. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I've messed up. I moved so I was sitting in my chair. I buried my face in my hands. The door opened and closed. I looked up and saw Margret strolling over to my desk. She stopped when she got to it and crossed her arms. I looked at her confused. "What?" I asked her. "Stop!" She ordered me. "Stop what?" I asked again still confused. She looked at me with a 'duh' look on her face. "Stop doing this to her! God. Clay it's been 4 months! Let her move on! You're with Ashley. You can't have both. You want to be a 'Good Man' then stop leading her on! You made your choice. She's trying to move on and let you and Ashley be happy. She's really trying here! So stop Clay. Don't make it any harder on her. Don't make her fall for you all over again." She yelled. I looked away from her. "Get out." I told her getting up and grabbing my bag and opening the door. She looked at me and scoffed and walked out. I slammed the door behind her and punched the door.