Chapter 38

* 4 months later*

I sat in Starbucks drinking a coffee and reading my favorite book. "Hello." I heard a deep voice come from above me. I looked up from my book and saw a pair of sexy blue eyes looking down at me. "Hello." I answered back. He extended his hand to me. "Matt Bennet." I shook his hand. "Elana Smith, but most people call me El. Nice to meet you." He smirked at me and pulled out the chair sitting across the table from me. "The pleasures all mine." I felt my cheeks heat up. He noticed and flashed a devilish smile at me. "So are you from around here?" I nodded. "Yeah. I've lived here all my life." He nodded. "Cool. I just moved here about a month ago." I smiled. "So how are you liking it here?" He winked at me. "A whole lot better now." I giggled and blushed. Good lord Elana what has come over you? He's got you acting like a schoolgirl with her first crush. "So do you go to university here?" His question brought me out of my thought. I shook my head. "No, I'm leaving for university this fall after I graduate." He nodded and smirked. "So I met me a young one. Where are you going to University?" I smiled and rolled my eyes. "I'll be 19 in 3 months thank you very much. And I'm John Hopkins University." He raised his eyebrows. "Wow. Studying pre-med?" I smiled and nodded. "Yep. I'm going to be a trauma surgeon." He nodded his head in approval. I smiled back at him.

We sat and talked for a long time. Before I knew it it was 6pm and Margret was calling me to see where I was. I hung up the phone. "I'm sorry, but I've got to go." He stood up after me and extended his hand out. "Can I bother you again sometime? Say Saturday night?" I smiled and nodded. "Wanna go out to this really great Chinese restaurant?" He asked.  "Sounds good. Here's my number." I said writing it down on a napkin and handing it off to him. He quickly pulled out his phone and dialed my number. I saw his number pop up on my phone and smiled at it saving his number in my phone. He walked me out and to my car. "I'll see you Saturday?" I asked. He smiled. "See you Saturday." I smiled