Chapter 43

I sat in my car in the school parking lot with Margret. I sat there in thought of who to choose and  what to do when there was a tap on my car window. I looked up and Clay stood there with two coffees and a big grin. I shut the car off and he moved out of the way so I could open the car door. I opened it and he glanced around before walking up and planting a kiss on my cheek. I looked down my cheeks heating up. He handed me the coffee. "Good morning Miss Smith." He greeted with a smile. I took a sip of the coffee. "Good morning Mr. Williams." I answered. He grinned. I rolled my eyes and opened the back door to grab my bag. When I bent over Clay bent down and whispered in my ear. "I love you. I want to be with you..I'm a little late telling you that I know. I'm sorry. I just want you to take your time choosing because when I had the choice I chose wrong." He kissed my temple and stood back up. "Well isn't this cozy!" I heard that all too familiar voice behind me. I spun around to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Unfortunately I wasn't. Clay spun around to face her. "What in the hell are you doing here Ashley?!" He asked with venom in his words. She smirked. "Oh didn't Jim tell you? I'm the new teacher here." My eyes grew wide. Jim wouldn't hire her would he? "Jim hired you?!" Clay exclaimed before I could ask. She nodded. "Yes he did. " She looked down at her papers. "And it looks like I have you for 2nd block Miss Smith." She said with a fake smile. I groaned. Jim you are going to die for this.