Chapter 49

* 3 Weeks Later *

I helped Clay walk into his house. I was relieved he was finally getting to go home. I smiled down at our intertwined hands. There's nothing in our way now. Ashley showed up at the hospital about a week after the accident with new divorce papers and this time Clay signed them. They both decided it wasn't working anymore. So i'm dating my teacher's ex husband who is also my teacher..that's so ridiculous it's almost funny. "Find something amusing Miss Smith?" Clay asked amused. I just shook my head. He smiled and sat down on the couch pulling me down with him. "It's just you and me now. No wives or girlfriends or boyfriends." Clay said smiling. I smiled back at him and pulled his face into mine. I will never get tired of kissing those lips. I could kiss him constantly. "I love you." I said in between kisses. He smirked against my lips. "Not as much as I love you. I was going to miss this. My mood changed. The kisses became more urgent. I couldn't get close enough to him. My mouth couldn't be close enough to his. Clay pulled away. "What's wrong babe?" He asked with concern on his face. He brought his hand up to my face and wiped away stray tears. I hadn't even realized I was crying. I nodded bringing his lips to mine for a gentle quick kiss. "I'm just really gonna miss you when me and Mar go off to Baltimore...maybe I should just go to school here.." I choked out. "Oh baby, don't worry about that right now. We've got 3 months to figure that out." He said with a small smile. I intertwined my fingers with his. He brought our intertwined hands up to his mouth and kissed me hand. "Whether we are together here in Nashville, together in Baltimore, or apart for a few years with me here and you there. We will make it. I promise. Elana I'm in this for the long run. I want you to be happy and have everything you want. I don't want you to give up the great opportunity to go to a great school like John-Hopkins for me. I would never ask you to do that. I want you to go there and become an awesome surgeon and then we can start our lives here, there, or wherever. I'd follow you anywhere you'd want to go." Clay said and smiled. I wiped a stray tear from my eye with my free hand. "That is the sweetest thing someone has ever told me. What did I ever do without you?" I asked. He grinned. "Waited for a great guy like me to come along." He answered cockily. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smirk. I stretched out across the couch to get comfortable. "Someone a little tired?" Clay asked amused. I smiled evilly. "Not even a little bit." I answered pulling him down on me by his collar. He grinned. "I like where this is going." I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." I said playfully planting my lips on his. He pushed my legs apart and laid in between them. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance. I opened my mouth granting it. Our tongues wrestled for dominance. He eventually one. I rubbed my hands down his chest and stopped at his belt. I grabbed the end of his shirt and lifted it up. He broke the kiss only long enough to take his shirt off and throw it across the room. He put his lips back on mine. He kissed down my jaw bone and down my neck. He kissed across my chest and started kissing down my body unbuttoning my shirt as he went down. He got down to the top of my pants and pulled my now unbuttoned shirt off never breaking the kiss. "Let's get these pants off of you." He said between kisses. He hooked his fingers in the waist band of my leggings and started to slip them down kissing my hips in the process. I moaned tangling my fingers in his hair. Once my leggings where off and thrown away somewhere his hands moved up to my panties. He had slipped his fingers in the waist band to pull them off when the door opened. "Hey man! How you..Woah!" Jim exclaimed. "Get out!" Clay hollered. Jim, becoming very red in the face turned and went back out the front door. Clay looked back down at me. I laughed. "Now. Where were we?" Clay asked slipping down my panties.