Chapter 50

* 1 Month later  *

I stood there in my cap and gown with Margret waiting to walk in. My nervousness growing. "You ready to get this over with?" Margret asked looping her arm with mine. I nodded. At the end of this day I will officially be a graduate of Antioch High school and officially not one of Clay Williams' students. I smiled at the thought. We could finally go public. "I'm ready to have that piece of paper in my hand. So I will officially be done with high school." Margret smiled. She looked over to her right and her smile grew. Clay and Adam came strolling towards us in suits. I smiled. "Mr. Williams." I greeted. He grinned. "Elana." He replied with a nod. "Hey bro." I greeted throwing an arm around Adam's neck. "What? No hug for your favorite teacher?" I heard Clay pout. I rolled my eyes with a smile and quickly hugged him. "I can't wait for you to be done." He whispered in my ear. I smirked. "Me neither." We broke apart. I looked over Clay's shoulder and caught Ashley's eye. She smiled. I smiled back at her. She started heading towards us. I sighed expecting the worst. "Hello." She greeted. I nodded. "Hi." Margret  nodded giving her a tight smile. She looked back to me. "I just wanted to apologize..for everything." Her eyes flashed over at Clay. "Thank you. Apology accepted." I answered with a smile. "I'm really happy for you and I wish you the best." She said. I gave her a genuine smile. "Thank you. I wish you the best also." She grinned not expecting that kind of reaction from me. She graciously excused herself and walked towards some other teachers. I looked over at Clay who looked dumbfounded and shocked. "I definitely wasn't expecting that." Margret said shocked. "Uh..me neither. She was actually nice." I answered. Clay just shook his head. Clay turned back to me and wriggled his eyebrows. "Now if we could just get Matty boy's blessing we'd be set." I laughed. 

*Flash Back*

I reluctantly walked up to Matt's door and knocked. He answered and his eyes looked sad when he saw it was me. "Can I um come in?" I asked nervously. He nodded swinging the door open wide enough for me to walk in. I turned to look back at him. "Matt, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. You are a great guy and I'm sorry." He nodded. "I'm the better guy. I just can't understand Elana. How many more times are you going to let him hurt you and still go back to him? I could make you happy El.." He trailed off. I shook my head. "You may be the better guy, but it's him. It's always going to be him Matt. He's the one for me. I'm sorry. You deserve someone better. Someone who will be as in love with you as you are with them." I answered him.  "I never planned on it being him." I said quietly. He nodded and pulled me into a hug. I let him. After a few minutes I moved out of his grasp and planted a kiss on his cheek. "I'm really sorry Matt." I said before turning and walking out the door. 

*End of Flash back* 

I shook my head. "I don't think that's going to happen." Clay shook his head and laughed. "Nope. I don't think he cares for me that much." We all laughed. I looked up and the teacher lining us up was making us get ready to walk out. "We've got to go. Come on Mar! See you guys after it's over!" I called over my shoulder grabbing Margret's hand and pulling her to line up. 

"Elana Smith." Jim called out. The crowd and my fellow peers clapped and cheered. I smiled and walked across the stage and to Jim and grabbed my diploma. I flashed him a smile. "Finally done Miss Smith." I nodded. I walked down and shook the assistant principals hands and down the steps back to my seat. 

Once every name was called and every diploma handed out and every speech was given it was finally time to throw our caps in the air. "Congratulations Class of 2015!" Jim yelled and everyone cheered throwing their cap in the air. I cheered. We all dispersed. I found Margret and threw my arms around her squealing. We broke apart and Jim, Clay, Adam, and Margret's parents stood behind us. Adam wrapped me in a hug. "I'm proud of you kid." He said before letting me go. Clay stood behind him with a huge smirk plastered across his face. "Congratulations Miss Smith. You're officially a high school graduate."  I smiled and ran into his arms. He picked me up and spun me around. He set me down again and his lips found mine. "I love you." I said breaking the kiss. "I love you more." He answered. I looked around and saw several shocked faces looking at us. "We have an audience." I said burying my face in his chest. He chuckled pulling  my chin up so I was looking at him. "Let's give them something to talk about." He said planting his lips on mine once again. I smirked breaking the kiss a few minutes later. I looked at Jim who was standing there with a smile on his face. "I love you!" I exclaimed throwing my arms around his neck. "I love you too!" He exclaimed with a chuckle. I let go of Jim and turned to Margret. "Ready to go get these things off?" I asked. She nodded. I intertwined my fingers with Clay's and looped my other arm with Margret and started off the football field and back towards the school to turn in my gown. We got some looks when people saw mine and Clay's intertwined hands. I just smiled and ignored them. My life was finally getting to start.