Chapter 12

I spent the night at Clay's. He understands how I feel and supports me. I'm starting to feel something for him other than just friendship. I sat there lost in my thoughts when he came in the living room smiling. "Now that's what I like to see." I turned to look at him "What?" He smiled grabbing the remote and turning the Tv off. "Your smile. I love it." I turned away to hide the huge smile now plastered on my face. "Thank you." He grabbed my chin and turned my face so I was looking at him. "There. Now that's better." "Will you tell me about my life before all of this?" I pleaded barely above a whisper. He gave me a small smile. "I'd love to. Where do you want me to start?" I smiled "from the beginning." He nodded laying his head back against the couch. "Okay. Well I met you when you were 3 and I was 7. You loved me and Jim coming over all the time, you spent most of the day with your sister following after us. Margret, like us, spent most of her days over here. You two became bestfriends at the age of 4 when you met her in pre-school. I remember the first time all 6 of us were together. Yall were 6 and we were 10. It drove your brother crazy, but we didn't care. It never bothered me and Jim that yall came everywhere with us." He laughed. "I remember when your brother got his license you and the girls made us take yall everywhere we went. Pretty soon it stopped bothering Adam. He had grown pretty smitten with Margret." my mouth fell open. He chuckled and nodded. "It's true. He thought she was cute. I think they may even date some now." "Wow. You really do miss everything when you have your memory taken. Can I ask you something? " He nodded, "of course." "Did you like her?" He raised his eyebrows "who?" I sighed. "Rachel? You know...how Adam liked Margret.." He smirked. "Oh. No. Jim always had a crush on her. It really hit him hard after the accident. He had to go to therapy too." I wish I hadn't asked. "Oh. Did we get along? Me and you I mean?" He laughed. "Well yeah. You were the first girl I ever kissed." I blushed. That's one of the things I do remember. "I remember that. You were mine too." He raised his eyebrows at me. "You remember?" I nodded and smiled. "I can remember some things."