Chapter 34

"I have divorce papers." He told me. "You have divorce papers." I answered. He smiled. I moved so I was sitting in front of him on the table in front of his desk. He got up and walked over and stood in between my dangling legs. He look down at me and smirked before leaning in for a kiss. I back away before his lips met mine. "Nope." I said smirking. "We're not a couple and I don't just go around kissing random men. What kind of girl do you take me for? And besides I'm going to be late for my next class and you have impatient Juniors waiting in the hall." He groaned following me to the door. "You will pay for that later missy." I walked out the door and towards my next class which was just a hall over thankfully. I sat in the seat Margret had saved for me. "He has divorce papers." I stated getting out my notebook. "He has divorce papers." I nodded. "Yep." I said popping the 'p'. "So what does this mean?" She asked me. I shrugged. "It means if he signs the papers we may have a chance, and if he doesn't then I'm backing off and letting him be with his wife." I answered. She nodded and looked forward as class started.

**********

Clay's P.O.V.

I walked in my house and walked to the kitchen to grab me a drink. Ashley was in there cooking. "What are you doing?" I asked her. She looked up and smiled at me. "I'm cooking supper. Go sit down; I'll call you when it's ready." I just nodded and walked out. I sat down. That was odd. She never cooks? A few minutes later she called from the kitchen. "It's ready Clay!" I got up bringing my beer with me. I walked in the dining room and she was pouring wine. I finished my beer and threw the bottle away. I sat down and she smiled taking a seat across from me. "What are we doing this for?" I asked after a few minutes. She looked up at me. "I wanted to cook for my husband. This may be the last chance I get." She explained with a small sad smile. I just nodded in response not knowing what to say. The meal was actually really good. "It's really good. I don't remember you being this good of a cook." I said with a smile. She grinned. "Well the food budget is a little bit bigger now than it was in college, so I have more options of what to cook." I laughed. "True." She smiled at me; I returned it with a genuine smile. We sat there all night and laughed and told stories. I genuinely had a good time with her tonight.

I got up and helped her take the dishes to the kitchen. She must not have realized I was behind her because she turned around and ran right into me. She laughed nervously and looked up at me. Her laughing stopped and she looked down at my lips before planting a soft kiss on them. She moved away. "I love you." She whispered before walking upstairs into the spare bedroom she was sleeping in. Shocked I leant back against the counter. What am I going to do?