Married Life

If there was one word to sum up her married life, Jeongyeon would choose lonely. It had been two weeks since she and Nayeon had returned from Switzerland to begin their life as a married couple, and out of those two weeks, she'd spent time with her wife a handful of times. Nayeon immediately jumped back into work mode as soon as they had touched down in South Korea. The playful, more relaxed woman from their honeymoon had disappeared, and the uptight, stressed businesswoman was back in full force.

"Are you sure it's okay for us to be here unnie?" Dahyun asked as she walked around the penthouse cautiously.

"It's fine Dahyun. This is my place now too," Jeongyeon said.

"Yeah, well, no offense but your wife doesn't seem like the type that would like having us in her house while she's away," Chaeyoung pointed out as she opened up every drawer and cabinet she came across.

"Chaeyoung, quit that!"

"What? I'm just looking. It's not like I'm gonna steal something."

Jeongyeon had finally gotten sick of being here alone and decided to invite her friends over. Those two had been bugging her to come see Nayeon's penthouse since they'd come back from Switzerland.

"This place is awesome unnie

"This place is awesome unnie. And it's huge! Why does Nayeon unnie have this huge house when it's just her?" Dahyun asked.

"I think her parents gave it to her. I'm not sure. Nayeon didn't really say. It's cool right? There's even a personal gym up here so we don't have to use the residents' gym on the second floor."

"Like you'd use it anyway," Chaeyoung snickered. Jeongyeon gave her a flat look. "So, what's it like being married bro? Tell us everything." The short woman plopped down on the couch and made herself comfortable.

"It's....not what I was expecting," Jeongyeon said. "I mean, I knew it wasn't going to be the typical married life since we're not a couple, but I just thought things would be different, you know?" She sat down on the floor and leaned back against the couch. Dahyun soon joined her.

"How so unnie?"

"Well, for instance, I barely see Nayeon. All that woman does is work. Even when she's home, she's either on a call or on her laptop. I get that her company comes first, but it wouldn't kill her to at least eat dinner with me. I just feel invisible when she's around."

"Aren't you two sharing the master bedroom though?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah, but it's awkward. We're just two people sharing a bed every night. And god forbid I disturb her if she's on her phone." Jeongyeon rolled her eyes when she recalled how Nayeon had snapped at her the other night. All she had asked was if Nayeon wanted her to turn off the light, but the woman had lit into her for interrupting her train of thought while she was trying to text her secretary about some business lunch. "Nayeon's a moody bitch." Jeongyeon then quickly added, "Don't tell anybody I said that."