Haunted Places in Manali: Real Stories That Will Chill Your Spine!

Manali, one of Himachal Pradesh's most prominent and beautiful hill stations, provides visitors with amazing views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar mountain ranges, which are blanketed in shimmering white snow for the majority of the year. Certain haunting sites in Manali can easily give you shivers when you are exploring them, in addition to so many beautiful sights to see in the captivating destination of Manali. On the route to Manali, on Naggar Road, you'll come across this little castle-like construction. During the British era, the king and queen resided in this fortress. This place is one of Himachal's most haunted, despite being a popular tourist spot with numerous visitors throughout the day.

Visitors have reported hearing eerie whispers and weird noises during the evening hours. During the day, a few weird incidents were observed, such as objects moving by themselves, but they were absolutely harmless. Locals claim that the ghosts present here are serene and gentle.

It's tough to overlook the terrible sight of mineral water bottles and many packets of cigarettes strewn outside a little road-side stone structure at the 19th bend when travelling through the Gata Loops. So, the natural follow-up question is, "Why is this all happening?" According to an old narrative relating to this place, a truck transporting goods traversed the Rohtang Pass during one of the winter months in 1999. Snowfall, on the other hand, forced the closure of the Kunzum Pass. It began to snow severely shortly after, making the truck's drive more difficult. Inside the vehicle, the driver and a helper were both in poor health. Kasauli is a hill station in Chandigarh that also serves as an army cantonment. The majority of visitors come here on weekends to have a wonderful time. This small village, on the other hand, boasts a ghostly cemetery. Many tourists have claimed to have seen spirits wandering the graveyard late at night. They've also heard strange sounds that might keep you awake at night. Screaming and sobbing, women's and children's voices, someone whispering nearby, and a variety of other unusual noises have been reported. After sunset, ghostly activity occurs, and it is forbidden to visit this spot at night. Strange happenings were recorded by visitors who came at the cemetery after sundown.

The road intersection of Chudail Baudi connects Chota Shimla to the Shimla Highway. This site is supposed to be haunted by a white-clad female spirit who asks for a ride from a passing traveller. People think that if you refuse to help this spirit, she would sit in your car and look at you constantly, distracting you from driving and cause a deadly accident, as well as the deaths of passengers. The very concept of a ghost staring at you sends chills up our spines, so it must be terrible if it happens in real life. A few bystanders have also observed automobiles on this route slowing down or abruptly halting for inexplicable reasons. All tragic accidents and unusual phenomena that occur on this particular road are blamed on the ghost.

The House of Dukhani was once a magnificent and lovely palace. It is currently reported to be haunted by the ghost of an elderly man dressed in a white gown. Bucky, an elderly guy, is thought to have shot himself on this property. Passers-by have reported feeling unpleasant and dizzy as a result of the negative energy. In 1913, a British officer, Victor Bayley, and his wife rented out this century-old mansion, which was erected during the British Era. When they first arrived, the locals informed them that the house was haunted. The police also discovered a locked room in the estate that was said to be haunted one day.

The room was completely destroyed when he opened the door to check. The pair soon recognised they were being followed by a poltergeist. This home is said to be haunted by the ghosts of Englishmen who walk the grounds. This residence is currently owned by an Indian guy. He has totally rebuilt the mansion, but the ghost stories still exist. On Friday the 13th, a headless horseman delivers flowers to the girls in the convent, and anyone who refuses to accept the flowers is killed by him, according to folklore.

According to legend, the headless horseman takes the innocent girls away if they accept the flowers, and if they refuse, he kills them. Locals think the current school playground is built on top of a burial site for children who died in a fire.