12

High

(song:day by day- old sea brigade)

He liked Jaemin. He liked him and his little stupid dances and his funny demeanor, his way of thinking and just doing random things. The way he pursed his lips, the way his eyes lit up when he was happy. He liked the way he was just standing there in a casual sweater and jeans, his hair tousled. He liked when Jaemin was being funny and flirty. He liked it when Jaemin was close to him it gave him good feelings and he just fucking liked his whole existence.

That was going on inside his brain as Jeno was sitting on their balcony, borderline stoned while Jaemin was giggly lightly at the high.

He had no idea why the heck he had decided that getting high with his best friend was a good idea but there he was. Jaemin giggling uncontrollably next to him and Jeno with a grin on his face as he watched the boy.

"You're so silly" he said, laughing.

Jaemin just giggled cutely and Jeno was feeling giddy looking at him. "Yo- you know this song?" Jaemin said, still giggling. "It's inside my head" Jaemin said and leaned his head against Jenos as if Jeno would be able to hear it then. Jeno couldn't but he loved the tickling of Jaemins hair against his so he pretended. He felt warm and funny.

"I think of you... go, and I know that it breaks my heart. '' Jaemin hummed while nodding his head to an unknown beat. Jeno didn't know the song but he loved how Jaemin's voice wrapped around the words "-Take all you want take all you can take... '' Jaemin kept singing.

Jeno didn't feel much different from being sober other than his mind being slow and soggy and Jaemin seemed to be even more magic and sparkly for him. Like his skin was glowing under the streetlight and his eyes seemed so deep and beautiful.

Beautiful. Ahh. There was a realization. Jaemin was beautiful. He giggled.

"Let me play that song for you" Jaemin said, getting his phone from his pocket.

He felt as if he was flying as the song started playing. Day by day - old sea brigade.

He felt his arms wrap around Jaemins body as he listened to the sad sounds.

mind tingling. Jaemin sang most of the lyrics as well and Jeno felt his heart break a little. His heart felt so full and empty at the same time with this beautiful person in his arms. As if everything he needed was for Jaemin to be by his side and all he feared was for Jaemin to go. All the nice things, all the fairy lights, every flower and even the sunset over the wide ocean- it was all beauty that was somehow linked to Jaemin. The stars, the moon, the sun- they all existed just for him and Jaemin. It wasn't a real thought Jeno was having more so a feeling piercing through him and he held Jaemin even more close a tear slipped out of the corner of his eyes okay he was definitely stoned.

"It's beautiful" he whispered into Jaemins ear and he couldn't hold back but to kiss the top of his hair, feeling it tickle against his nose. Jaemin smelled nice.

They were so incredibly close.

The song ended and Jeno wanted Jaemin to be even closer. But that was not possible so he just floated in his presence. Jaemin bent his head back and looked up at Jeno.

The feeling Jeno was feeling was indescribable.

Jeno woke up the next day with the memories of the last day being coated in a thick layer of white fog. "Jaemin?" he asked, looking up to the other side of the room. Jaemin was still asleep. Annoyed and sleepy he stood up walking towards Jaemins bed to plop himself next to the sleeping boy. He didn't know what he intended to do but now he was sitting there staring down at him. His cute face, how could a person be so cute and sweet and pretty and.. Jeno stopped his thoughts, what was wrong with him, why was he being like that, lately?