20

help of a friend

It was a quiet Sunday evening. They had been performing for a few days straight. The stress was really evidently shown on their face. They only layd around for the whole Sunday, playing video games, watching movies or videos or just sleeping.

Jeno was laying on the couch together with Mark. They were watching a movie but both were not concentrating but talking. The week had been so stressful they needed to complain for a bit.

It was dark outside already and they were going to be preparing for their tour from tomorrow on. An American tour Jeno was partly excited but partly afraid. It meant more freedom, less security and a whole lot of time in the same space as Jaemin. and right as he made this thought a particular blonde or silver haired boy (He just had the strong urge to dye his hair) came into the room. A stuffed bunny in his hand and a sleepy look on his face Jeno melted.

"Jaeminie '' Mark cooed at the boy who clearly had had a nap. The silver haired sat down at the edge of the couch groggily and looked at the TV. He looked cute, puffy and sleepy. Jeno wanted to cuddle him even though he was on the other side of the couch.

"What movie is this?" he asked looking from the screen to Mark and Jeno who were sitting in the corner of the couch.

"Happy Melodies" Mark replied, he had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hm never heard of it" Jaemin mumbled crawling closer to them about to sit next to mark cause Jeno was at the firm edge of the couch but mark just tugged him further into their middle.

Jeno was thankful for it but also annoyed. "Should we put on a different movie now that you're here" Mark asked, his voice soft as if he wanted to make it as comfortable as possible for Jaemin.

Jaemin nodded sleepy, eyes falling half closed but opening suddenly again.

"Let's watch annihilation, it's a bit scary though" he grinned cheekily and sleepy which just made it more sexy for Jeno.

"Oh it's fine..." Mark bid his tongue and Jeno couldn't fathom what he wanted to say "I'm gonna protect you guys" Jeno chuckled. "Alright" he said, searching for the movie.

The movie ended up being too scary for Jenos liking but then at the same time not because they all had to snuggle closer and Jeamin smelled nice and he felt fuzzy and warm next to him. When the film ended they decided to watch a chill, trashy movie for them to relax. Jaemin fell asleep after just a minute, his head falling to the end of the sofa but Mark subtly pushed him into Jenos' side.

Jeno felt a little bit lost at his friends' bantering. He knew their jokes about them dating and the weird faces they always made but this seemed more genuine. Jeno dazedly looked down at Jaemin.

"Can I ask you something?" was the first thing he heard the next day when he and Mark were alone at the dorm. Jeno looked at Mark and Mark looked like he regretted what he had said. "Sure thing" Jeno hesitated.

"Is there.... are there... is there a chance-" an awfully long pause.

"Is there something between the two of you?" Mark asked finally and Jeno wanted to scoff as if this was the most ridiculous thing and get beet red as if he had been caught.

"No now fucking way" Jeno replied hastily "I mean why would you even say that" It was nearly comical. Mark just looked at him analyzing. "Well yeah okay I just thought- but you know if— there was something you could tell me and I wouldn't tell anyone. I'm serious" Mark said, sounding as he said. and for a moment Jeno considered it but only smiled.

"we..." Jeno said, fighting for the right words. "Are y'know... just friends..." his voice got quieter till he mumbled "I guess" he couldn't look at Mark he just couldn't-

"I think I know what you mean" and with that Jeno looked up in shock.

"Wait what?" he had imagined everything. But a confession from mark.

and with that they told each other everything about their crushes on their friends Mark with Haechan and Jeno with Jaemin.

It felt surreal to know that his friend was in a similar situation as him. They both found it to be strange and comical but they got over the shock pretty quick and made fun of their misery. Telling each other in detail everything.

Jeno told him how painful it all seemed and how lost. And that he was afraid of their American tour.

And Mark told him that he started to feel not- friendly feelings for Haechan. He was only a little infatuated but still enough for the both of them to feel as if their fate was making fun of them.

"But you know what?" Mark said while punching Jenos shoulder lightly, "I think it's gonna get interesting between the two of you"

The last night before the American trip, Jeno was unable to sleep. His mind was fuzzy. His head was hurting a little and his heart couldn't stop beating. He thought about himself, his motives and dreams he was right in the process of achieving, his fans, his music, his band members, his past, his exes and of course Jaemin. And he found it funny and cliche sounding but none of his exes could compare in the slightest to Jaemin. he was a dream boy, not because he was perfect, in fact the unperfectness was what made him so lovable. His very being was like unconditional love and Jeno couldn't understand how someone could feel this great about a person. this particular feeling that wasn't even describable with words. Such a warmth. He felt his smile.

And Jeno, even though he forcefully tried to stop his brain from doing so, thought about him and Jaemin together. And a little hope bloomed in them.

*giggles*

I will always love you