CHAPTER 38: EVERYBODY LIES

Biglang nagulo ang utak, sikmura paghinga at kung anu-ano pa sa katawan ni Yvonne...hindi nia naabsorb lahat ng sinabi ni Niara...

Galit.

Puot.

Suklam.

Tampo.

Inis.

Hinayang.

Sakit.

Lungkot.

At kung anu-ano pa...

Silent tears started to rushed down...
this time she can't help it...

"Yvonne... I'm so sorry... pls.... i—know you can't forgive me, it's partly my fault, I admit it...I don't need u to forgive me this time.... I just--- want u to listen and understand..." Niara told her.

"It took me 3 yrs to take it by myself and you have no idea how hrad that is for me... i had to make a choice.. and im sorry if that leads to this.. that was never my intention at all..."

"I know these were not gonna make feel better and neither will it make me be a better person. I hope you will forgive me for the long moment it took for me to muster the strength to finally approach and say those things to you right now...

But u should know, i had my reasons and if you were in my shoes, won't you do the same?" Niarra was trying her best to make Yvonne understand her reasons hoping that it will placate the situation but it was nit enough.

"And you thought that bu coming out now and being clear, everything will be fine!?... i don't even know what to say or how to respond and process what you just told me.."

"Jus—t.... leave already... please..." mahinang sagot nia.

"I hope you---" Niaarra uttered

"now..." Yvonne continued...

"Yvonne... I---"

"don't make me say that again, or else kakaladkarin kita palabas...
kaya habang may respeto pa ako sayo...
just go...

Silence.... Niarra isn't moving..

leave.... now!!!" yvonne finally blurted out.

Pilit na tumayo si Niarra...
sandaling tumingin kay Yvonne at umalis na rin...

Yvonne shut the door... parang wala sa sariling naupo sa sofa at tahimik na umiiyak...

"damn... how can he?!..." she bit her lower lip....

(anu nga ba nangyari?)