seven

I open my eyes, groaning at the throbbing in my arm.

My first night here wasn't as great as I'd wanted it to be, no thanks to it; I kept on rolling off my back, moving it from the pillow I'd propped under it for protection.

During breakfast, it's just Iseul and me, thankfully - apparently Hyejin rarely wakes up before ten.

After, I head outdoors alone for a walk, trying to stay active like my doctor advised, to protect my arm.

I spend a great deal of my stroll skulking around the garage, ogling at the dozen or more sports cars and luxury SUVs parked in a row, their colorful metallic bodies glittering in the morning sunshine.

I finally continue on and return indoors through the back entrance, wander around in the hallways for a bit before I realize I'm kind of lost.

"This place is a freaking maze," I mutter, and I walk and walk until I come across this courtyard of sorts, a scenic sitting area in the open air, carpeted with lush green lawn and-
My jaw drops when my gaze lands the person seated on the long, bright yellow couch against the wall.

He's back?!

Taehyung doesn't notice me, his attention on the mass of papers strewn on the coffee table in front of him.

I frantically stroke my hair, tug at my t-shirt. Do I look okay?? I should approach him and say hi... or should I? And what would I say after??

As I stand there, frozen with indecision, he suddenly lifts his head.

He tilts his head, expression unreadable. "Narae...? Why are you standing there - come on over."

Oh, well.

I throw on an easy smile and do so, perch myself beside him on the couch. "Hey."

He nods, giving me a chaste once over. "You look well. How are you liking your stay?"

"I'm liking it a lot. There's so many beautiful views around here." I say truthfully, glancing around.

Taehyung gives another nod. "So, I was actually planning on meeting with you, today. It's good that you came by."

Butterflies swirl in my stomach. "Oh?"

He reaches a hand to his other side and picks up a shiny new phone, holds it out to me. "Your phone's replacement. I had Dom set it up for you. He also passed on your information to me and so I've wired your recompense into your account."

I take the phone. "Thank you."
And then I put it aside, gaze back at him - only to find that he has returned his attention to his stupid papers.

Nuh freaking uh.

"You must be really busy," I begin, keeping my tone light and friendly. "Iseul showed me your workspace, and told me all about the upcoming Fashion Week. She's so proud of you..."

A fond smile creeps up his face. "She's the cutest, isn't she."

"She really is! I feel so pampered and welcomed here thanks to her."

Satisfaction washes over me as Taehyung withdraws from his work, and snuggles into the couch.

"I'm glad you two are getting along. Your budding friendship will divert her other, not-so-healthy ones." He says.

Before I can ask him to elaborate, that stupid servant girl appears all of a sudden, holding a tray with a single glass of lemonade atop it. She frowns upon noticing me, her saunter faltering a bit, but she recovers quickly and proceeds to come and stand before Taehyung.