023. I LOVE YOU

After a few minutes of discussing everything at the Wreck, the Pogues decided to split up.

Scarlett decided she would go with Kie and Pope to collect materials to get the gold out of the well. The three teenagers gathered all of the materials and they were now pulling up to the Chateau to unload everything.

"We gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning," Pope told the two girls as he parked Heyward's truck in the grass.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus," Kie told him as she unbuckled and hopped out of the car.

"I know. It's gonna be fine. We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top. You two and Sarah will be outside transporting." Pope explained to the two girls.

"Yeah, we got this." Kie nodded her head, smiling at Pope.

"Sounds like a plan." Scarlett smiled as well.

"Cool." Pope nodded and opened the trunk. "Uh, I got a winch. That tin can hold over like... two hundred, three hundred pounds." The dark-skinned boy began to grab things out of the trunk as he grew more and more excited about getting the gold out.

"Thanks." Kie stared at Pope and Scarlett, leaving both of them confused about why Kiara was thanking them.

"Uh, what for?" Scarlett furrowed her brows at the girl and grabbed a bucket out of the trunk.

"Stranding us. You know, making us make up." Kie was referring to when the boys and Scarlett stranded Kie and Sarah on the boat.

"What makes you think that was us?" Pope questioned with a slight laugh.

"You can thank John B for that. It was all his idea. Me and—"

Scarlett's sentence was cut off by the sound of generators running. All of the teenagers quickly turned around to see bright lights shining on their faces.

"What the hell?" Pope spoke as everyone dropped the items they were holding and began slowly walking over to where the ruckus was coming from.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie muttered as they picked up the pace.

Scarlett furrowed her brows when the three teenagers found JJ in a hot tub with a bunch of colorful lights everywhere.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope breathed out as they all stared at JJ.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now. Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? Salud!" JJ began to pour himself a glass of champagne as he slurred his words.

Scarlett immediately knew that the blonde boy was drunk. "What happened, JJ?" She questioned as she looked around to see the tree covered in blue and pink string lights.

"How much did this cost?" Pope anxiously waited for the blonde boy to answer him. He was silently praying that he didn't waste all of the money on that.

"Uh... well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery... pretty much all of it, yeah." JJ smiled as he downed a whole glass of champagne and quickly poured himself another one.

"All of it?" Pope nearly yelled in disbelief.

"Yeah, all of it." JJ shrugged, not seeing the problem.

"You spent all the money in one day?" The dark-skinned boy continued to begin to freak out more and more.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this!" The blonde boy slurred out. "Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me." JJ looked around at his friends. "Star, what?" He questioned when he saw the look on her face.