Cleared

Nazia's POV

"You wore that even though I told you not to?" my mom raged with fury. "You are grounded. You hear me?"

"You've got to be kidding me. Youre grounding me for doing something right?"

"Nazia, I don't like being angry at you."

"Then why are you angry? Why is it wrong to wear the headscarf? If we don't wear it we will get sins, mountains of sins," I told her.

"Nazia I just don't..." my mom's voice trailed off. "I was never... I mean yes I know we should wear it but... I just tried to not think about it. I tried to... I tried to um, not worry about it."

I stood there in shock. so my mom knew it all along. She knew about the scarf. But she never told me.

"Look Nazia, I just want you to look normal."

"So showing your hair an wearing tight clothes is normal? Wearing clothes that ..." I grope for words. " Clothes that scream look at me! clothes that reveal every curve, that's normal? Mom, is that normal?" I asked. I couldn't believe I was actually saying this. I mean I was never so strong about anything before in my life. But this headscarf, I felt a whole new level of strength.

My mom stared at me with disbelief and shock. After staring at me for a while, she got up and went to her room. I let her have some alone time. I decided to go to the backyard and do some exercise.

After 3 hours, I was sure something went wrong. "Mom?"

"Mom??"

No answer.

I went to her room to check on her. But she wasn't there.