Progress

Bruce's POV

"Bruce honey!!!! come down here pumpkin," mom called from downstairs.

"one minute!" I yelled.

I checked my height, 5'8. Perfect.

Then i stood on the weight scale, 165 pounds. Not bad.

I went downstairs and my mom made me baked chicken with green bellpeppers and tomatos.

"Here sweety. I tried to make it as healthy as I could," she smiled at me.

I smiled back. I was happy that she actually cared. Actually, without her help, much progress wouldn't have been made.

After dinner I decided to make a smoothie. I've been watching a lot of cooking channels lately.

I grabbed a banana, 5 strawberries, and 5 rasberries, put them in the blender.

After that I poured the smoothie in my go-to cup, went upstairs in my room. The smoothie didn't taste as good as I thought it would. After all, I was never a fan of bananas. But I drank it anyways.

I looked at a picture frame on my wall. it was me from 10 months ago. I shooked my head. How on earth did I survive that time? I looked like a 300 pound penguin with no feet and.... I couldn't even describe it.

I've been trying 20 different kinds of acne medicine, and only one have them has actually worked.

"Bruce honey! Lets buy your outfit for the Spring Dance!" my mom called from downstairs.

i checked my calendar. It was April 2nd. 20 more days till the Spring Dance. "Okay Mom, im coming!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think you are taking this way too far, Maryam does not have a boyfriend," Maryam's mother told her husband.

"Oh really? So who was that boy at the hospital? Can you tell me that?" Maryam's father asked, accusingly.

"she told me it was her friend"

"No, it was not her friend. He couldn't have been just a friend. If he was just a friend, he wouldn't have brought flowers and a card."

"why not? he was being courteous."

It was 1:00 AM, Maryam and Ayesha were in their room sleeping.

"Well I trust her, I know he wasn't her boyfriend."

"We can discuss this later. I have work tomorrow," Maryam's father got up and went upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now you cant go to that Spring Dance," Ayesha told Maryam.

"Why do you have to remind me?" Maryam whined.

Ayesha laughed. "Well even if you went, who would you go with?"

Maryam started to think about Stan. "Um, I dont know, I mean.. um."

"Wait don't tell me, you like someone don't you?" Ayesha smirked.

"What? no I don't," Maryam said, hoping Ayesha didn't see her blush.

"Maryam, im your sister. I can tell. You have some tingles for someone, oooh lala," Ayesha cooed.

"Stahhhppp," Maryam laughed.

"Tell me."

"What?"

"Tell me who you likeee duhhh"

"I don't like anyone."

"Sureeee, now tell me. I wont tell anyone I promise. We are sisters gurllll"

"I don't know what you're talkin about."

"Maryam. Look at your face. Its brighter than my cherry coolata drink."

Maryam looked at the mirror. This was the problem of having a pale complexion.

"Maryam! Ayesha! come down and have dinner!"Maryam's mom called from downstairs.

"This convo is not over," Ayesha whispered to Maryam.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope your enjoying this book so far! Leave comments and tell me how you felt about the latest chapters :)