Apologies

"Hey, what's wrong?" asked Stan. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"Oh what happened to Maryam? Is she too busy for you now? Is that why you came to me now? Cuz you have no one to talk to?" asked Nazia, accusingly.

"Woah, Nazia calm down. I didnt mean to... i just... it's just we..." Stan stuttered.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Nazia said.

"C'mon, you're my best friend. You dont think im replacing you, do you?" asked Stan.

"What kind of friend are you?" asked Nazia.

"What do you mean?" asked Stan.

"Nothing. Forget it," Nazia walked away.

"No i cant just forget it," Stan went after her. "You're the one who let Maryam sit in our table in the first place."

"Yah cuz she was being SOOO nice to me. i dont know what got into me," Nazia said.

"Wow, how nice was she?" Stan laughed. "Usually niceness never took control over you."

"Yah exactly! And on top of that you were just... just... being soooo nice to her," said Nazia.

"Well what did you want me to do? Be mean?" asked Stan.

"Ughhhh, why are you asking me this?! You used to know what to do when it came to situations like this," said Nazia.

"Okay, Nazia im sorry... okay im really sorry," Stan apologized.

"Its okay i guess," Nazia rolled her eyes. As you can see she did that quite often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce lifted some weights and then took a break. He went downstairs for something to eat.

He decided to follow the recipe he learned a few days ago. He grabbed a bowl. Then he poured in some Greek yogurt. He added in some strawberries, sliced bananas, and blueberries.

Lastly, he added some nuts on the top.

He sat down and enjoyed the healthy snack he made for himself.

After eating his snack, he measured his height. 5'7. Yes!!

He washed his face with the new face wash he bought. After using it for a week, most of his acne disappeared.

It was hard, the eaating healthy, the exercising, the washing face day and night. It was extremely hard, especially for a guy like Bruce, who never cared about his health. It was a big struggle but Bruce realized it was all worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'''

"hey Nazia are you busy tomorrow night?" asked Stan.

"No why?" asked Nazia.

"Im gonna take you to the carnival," Stan smiled, his eyes widened.

"Whatha hell are you talking about?" nazia asked.

"What do you mean "whatha hell am i talking about?" im talking about the two of us going to the carnival and having fun. You seem really intense these days. I wanna make it up to you," said Stan.

"Lemme guess you invited Maryam too?"

"Nope, no one, just you," said Stan.

"Okay fine, since it's a Friday night and like..."

"You dont need to explain yourself," Stan laughed. "Are you happy now? Can you please put on a smile?"

Nazia forced a smile.

"There we go," Stan chuckled.

But inside Nazia was dreading everything. For some reason she couldnt put herself at peace. Things werent the way she wanted them to be.

"Hey Stan!" Maryam said, running toward Nazia and Stan

Stan ignored her. He totally IGNORED HER.

Nazia's POV

i smiled. Finally Stan was back. The old Stan i knew. The Stan that would only listen to me and would follow me.

I couldnt stop smiling for some reason. All i felt was victory. Now maryam had no one.

Stan's silent treatment was extremely powerful and affective. It drilled deep inside you..

i knew how Maryam felt right now. Betrayed. Rejected. Humiliated. Embarrased.

But I didnt care.