The Wrong Start

A few days later, Nazia was transferred out of her math class after the incident with Bruce. The deen decided that this would be the perfect way to stop future problems.

"Okay, Nazia Ali and Maraym Ahmed are our new students," said Mr. David.

"Um no, i was transferred here, im not new," Nazia said rolling her eyes.

"Well you're new to this class," said Mr. David. "Please take the two seats in the back."

Nazia pushed past Maryam who followed behind her.

"Okay everyone turn to your partner and share your answers to the questions on the textbook," announced Mr. David.

"Umm, do you know where the textbook is?" Maryam asked Nazia.

"Does it look like i know? Did u even hear Mr. David? Are you in lala land or something?" Nazia asked cruely.

"Oh im so sorry, i forgot, its just i dont know anyone here," Maryam said politely.

"Yo, kid, with the blue shirt, pass me a textbook," said Nazia.

The boy with the blue shirt quickly obeyed.

"Oh good job!" said Maryam.

""What do you mean good job? This is my textbook, get your own," said Nazia.

"Why are you being so mean to me?" asked Maryam.

"Shut up," said Nazia. Nazia raised her hand. "Mr. David, Maryam keeps distracting me!"

"No i was just asking for a textbook," said Maryam defensively.

"Then go get one," said Mr. David pointing to the bookshelf.

Nazia smirked.

Maryam got up and headed towards the bookshelf. But just then she fell down realizing she tripped on Nazia's foot.

Maryams POV

I cant believe her! She tripped me on purpose! Oh no! Everyone's staring!!!

A few boys started laughing. It was a chuckle at first but slowly it turned into a hysterical laugh. The girls started laughing too. Soon the whole class was laughing.

I quickly got up and straightened my dress and hijab (headscarf).

"Guys, calm down!" said Mr.David. But behind his eyes and stern face i can tell he was dying of laughter inside. This cant be happening.

"What's wrong with you?!" Maryam asked Nazia.

"Excuse me?!" Nazia glared at Maryam.

"Girls!" said Mr. David. "Maryam! stop making such a big fuss and get your textbook. Hurry up and go to your seat, you are becoming a distraction in my class. And its only the first day!"