A New Experience

"Wowwww it looks BEAUTIFUL ON YOU!" cried Maryam and Ayesha.

Nadia's POV

wow i look so different. I actually look really pretty. The black cotton fabric compliments my features and goes well with hte outfit im wearing today. 

"Yah its really nice," i said, blushing at their compliments.

"Lets take some selfies," Maryam started giggling. she took out her android phone and started snapping pics.

"These pics are coming out soo blurry," i said.

"Yah cuz its an Android phone, i wish i had an IPhone," Maryam sighed. "Can we take the pics on your phone/"

"Ya sure," i said. There was no escape. i was in her house now. I was under her control. There was nothing i can say or do. i just had to obey.it feels like im in a cage. But i have to admit, Maryam is really pretty... and her sister is gorgeous. They could be models.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an hour of chatting, having snacks,and  trying on headscarves, Maryam said it was time to pray Maghrib.

"I dont really know what to say during the prayer, i usually just follow everyone else." said nazia

"Dont worry, i can teach you what to say after the prayer. Let's go to the Masjid," said Maryam. "Here wear this."

Maryam handed Nazia a beautiful red scarf with black sequins.

"It's for you, you can keep it," said Maryam.

"Thanks," Nazia smiled. 

Maryam, Ayesaha, and Nazia walked to the Masjid (mosque). 

Soon the prayer started.The Imam started reciting, "Alhamdullilahi rabbi alAalameen" which means

"[All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds-"

he continued reciting the Surah (chapter). 

Nazia listened to the recitation and felt a sense of tranquility and peace. she hasnt prayed in monthes. She was never told to pray.

How could her mother never tell me about the importance of prayer?

whyy didnt she tell me about the sense of peace one feels when praying?  thought Nazia

Soon everyone was finished with the prayer. Nazia looked around her. She saw many other girls her age. They looked beautiful wearing different colored hijabs matching their outfits. Nazia longed to be a part of them.