The New Trend

"Hey Nazia! Wow you look really good," said Stan.

"Haha thanks, "Nazia smiled. "Maryam's still in the hospital right?"

"Yah she's gonna be realeased in a week," Stan sighed.

As Nazia walked to the cafeteria she heard gasps and saw widened eyes staring at her hijab.

"You guys never saw a headscarf before?" Nazia asked them, she rolled her eyes. She tried to control herself.

"Hi Maryam," someone grabbed her shoulder.

When Crystal realized it was Nazia, she covered her mouth. "Im so sorry, i thought you were.."

Nazia's face turned red.

"What happened to Maryam tho? I heard she is in the hospital," Crystal said.

"She got attacked," Nazia said rolling her eyes.

"So is wearing the headscarf a trend now? Cuz if it is, i am so wearing it," Crystal said.

"Yah it is," Nazia smiled.

Crystal took her infinity scarf off her neck and wrapped it around her head. "How do i look?!"

"You look beautiful!" Nazia said, smiling. "Did you ever wonder why Muslim women wear it?"

"No not really, why?" asked Crystal.

Nazia tried to remember what Maryam said, She tried to remember what she researched the other night.

"Well Maryam told me that Muslim women wear it because of modesty. if you wear the hijab, people will respect you for your personality, guys wont look at you in the wrong, lustful way, and you will be protected from harm," Nazia said, remembering what Maryam told her.

"Oh cool!" said Crystal. "And it looks really pretty, to be honest"
"Thanks Crystal" Nazia smiled, feeling much better than she felt in the morning.
-----------------
A/N: HEY guys! Sorry for the late update, I was really busy with hw and stuff. Keep voting and commenting ❤️❤️ give me some ideas and suggestions too! 💛💙💜💚