chapter 3 : a wolf holds a grudge

"H-Heyyyy butch w-what are you doing here "? She laughed nervously

"So early might I add".

"Surprised to see me in a class I'm supposed to be in? Well, I'm sorry to miss dissapoint you; but I'm here. Looks like I'm not as irresponsible―or rather, Lazy―as you thought." A growl escaped from somewhere deep inside his throat.

Buttercup leaned back. Butch's growl made him sound like a wild animal; ferocious, angry, and definitely not to be messed with.

...Too bad she already had.

"And I'm surprised you even remember my name. Aren't I jus a Playboy ..?" Butch's lips formed a sneer.

Buttercup winced. Ow, low blow. "Look, I don't―"

"Forget it." Butch turned away and stormed off. "You always do, anyway."

Buttercup sighed and turned to see Robin, who was frowning and shaking her head. "What...?" Buttercup mumbled sheepishly, blushing.

"...Butch is really fast," Robin said, kindly changing the subject slightly. "He just appeared behind you while you were talking. I think he heard you outside."

"Why would Butch want to tune into a noisy classroom...?" Buttercup muttered.

Robin shrugged. "Don't ask me; I'm not a Powerpuff Girl, and I'm not a Rowdyruff Boy either."

Buttercup ignored her comment and turned to see Butch in his seat beside Mitch. He was talking to his brown-haired friend about something, his earlier sleepiness from yesterday seemingly forgotten.

When class was over, Buttercup found herself waiting at the door for a specific someone.

"Who are you waiting for?" Robin asked. Buttercup didn't know if she was serious or teasing.

"B-Butch," Buttercup muttered, looking away with a red face.

Robin grinned. "Well then, good luck~!"

Buttercup looked up in surprise, but her friend just winked and was already out the door.

Soon Butch and Mitch appeared, talking about Call of Duty or something. Buttercup didn't pay attention.

"Umm...Butch...?"

Surprised, Butch stopped talking to turn around.

Buttercup blushed at the sight: Butch's mouth was slightly open, eyes wide in surprise.

...But his gaze instantly hardened when he saw who was calling him. "...Buttercup."

She winced at the iciness in his tone. He must be really mad. "Umm, look; I―"

"I told you to fucking forget it," Butch growled, glaring at her darkly.

His dark-green eyes looked like a forest ablaze with an angry flame. His growl was like a wild animal's. Buttercup looked away. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry... I really am I didnt-".

"...Whatever." Butch turned away from staring at her, muttering "fucking hell" under his breath (making Buttercup wince). He then stalked off. "Just leave me the fuck alone."

"butch!" Buttercup called, feeling irritation bubble inside of her she herself let out a growl.

Mitch rested a hand on her shoulder. She turned to him , and he shook his head. Sighing, Buttercup leaned back. "Sorry," she mumbled.

"...I'm not the one you owe an apology to," Mitch murmured, before walking out.

Buttercup sighed again before following him out the door, feeling guilt claw at her stomach. She really actually hadn't expected Butch to show up. Maybe she really did see too badly of him...