Chapter Twenty Two: Brothers

We're on day three of our honeymoon.

I want to keep the details to myself, as it even makes me blush to think about it. But there is nothing that compares to the embrace of my husband. To be able to be this close to someone is something that words can never describe.

I see you.

And I know you.

And I won't ever leave you.

He sleeps now as I write this. The sun is rising and the orange sky illuminates the freshly fallen snow outside of the cabin.

We got our picture taken while in our wedding garb. I'll draw it because we plan to frame the photograph. I can't stop staring at it.

I am a married woman now. And I'll never be the same.

***There is no vow needed to express,No great declaration that needs shouted

***
There is no vow needed to express,
No great declaration that needs shouted.
The Heavens have already heard us.
Our silent cries of wanting
Finally fulfilled.
A new dawn breaks
and so
I rise to you.
-Jack

***
"I didn't realize how close to the Canada border we are," Alice comments while looking out the window.  "This area is thickly wooded."

Jack looks up from his writing and eyes her, feeling a warmth flooding his body. "C'mere."

She turns to him, smiling, and walks to him as he sits in an old sofa. As he sets his writing down, he motions for her to sit in his lap. Wordlessly, she complies, and taking her by the waist he guides her down. Once she is seated, he wraps his arms around her. She can feel his breath on her neck and goosebumps rise on her flesh.

"Do you want to do some more snowshoeing? There are some other things we can do in the brochure," she asks, almost like an attempt to distract herself from the sensations that are beginning to arise in her body.

He kisses her neck, letting his lips linger and his hands migrate upwards. "No..."

She raises her shoulder to meet the side of her neck and giggles, causing him to move away. What she should do is get up, but part of her doesn't want to. "Jack, we can't do this all day..."

He grins playfully, going back in for a kiss. "That isn't what you said—"

She quickly gets off of his lap, turns, and wags a finger at him, nearly giggling. "Now, you can't be putting this all on me. We only have two more days before we have to make the trip back to Low Falls." She gestures to the front door. "There is beautiful countryside out there. Why don't we go out and walk around for a while?"

Looking back to hear a response, she soon notices the open notebook beside him. He had told her that he was recording his life, so this must be it. He watches her as she comes near him. She points to it. "You've been writing in this often. Is it your journal?"