Fight

One month has passed, and many things have transpired.

At first, Xin never ventured outside the underground hall, the headquarters of Vox Occulta. He spent a considerable amount of time with Jace, whom he now regarded as his grandmother. The elderly woman had imparted a great deal of knowledge to him about the reality within the walls.

Amidst the vast amount of new knowledge absorbed by his mind, there are several crucial points that Xin has internalized. One of them is the existence of the seven elite noble families, with the Honora family being one of them, where he is currently, in a sense, employed.

These seven families consist of the House of Ignis, House of Ventus, House of Hydros, House of Terranox, House of Fulmen, and the twin skies of the City, the House of Slyvanor and Honora. Both housing one Sovereign each.

Xin was taken aback to learn that these families hold immense power and were often immune to the law. They easily sacrificed the mundane human soldiers and kill the inhabitants of Gantz for the sake of hunting targets.

They consider people outside their walls as mere entertainment, using them for their pleasure. This was well-documented in the ledger of the Honora family, which records the entry and exit purpose from the Wall.

Even more shocking was their ability to easily kidnap young girls and women to be used as sex slaves, satisfying their lustful desires and fetishes. If these women were to become pregnant or their bodies become undesirable, the nobles from these families would dispose the corpses as if discarding used toys.

The law only applied to the common people, especially the outcasts beyond the walls, including the lower and middle-class nobles who dared to defy and refuse to obey them.

The court system is merely a tool to oppress and chain those whom they consider beneath them.

If even the middle-class noble women can be impregnated and their men can be enslaved simply for refusing to obey their orders, one can only imagine the fate of the lower-class nobles and the common people, especially the inhabitants of Gantz. They were treated as nothing more than stones, sometimes picked up if they shine and become part of a collection and plaything, only to be discarded when they grow bored.

They have no shame and are incredibly arrogant, even as far as joyfully documenting their wicked deeds.

What makes Xin even more incredulous is why the middle and lower-class nobles, as well as the ordinary soldiers who experience the same things as the Gantz inhabitants, engage in the same actions as the seven upper-class noble families.

This makes those at the bottom of this sick food chain even more miserable and tormented.

But it doesn't stop there. Even among the noble families, there is infighting, kidnapping, and rape, serving as a means of terrorizing their fellow nobles, even if it's only behind closed doors.

Because in front of the public, in order to maintain the order based on oppression, the Noble Clans can only glare and threaten in front of the courts and the law, which ironically, they can easily manipulate according to their whims.

Xin's newfound understanding sent shivers down his spine. The weight of the world seemed to rest upon his shoulders as he realized why every individual, particularly the esteemed members of the organization, fervently urged him to tread lightly around the nobility. The consequences of even the slightest misstep could be catastrophic.

Caught in a web of intrigue and danger, Xin felt a suffocating sense of confinement. His every move was scrutinized, and the consequences of provoking the nobles could be dire.

Until he experienced his awakening in the Academy, a transformative event that would unlock his hidden potential as per Jace explained, Xin remained vulnerable and unable to escape the clutches of the powerful Draven, the influentials among the noble families.