Heartache

Months later, Sarah became a mute again. Jr and Joesph were now concerned for her. Even her parents. Sarah had snapped now all these years. She didn't dare speak. She even ate less and didn't even talk to Arthur or anyone...even Buggy when he texted her.

Finally it was Mr Gold that went to see Sarah when he knew she would be by herself. When she came to the door he smiled softly, "Miss Sarah I was wondering if I could borrow a few moments of your time. I understand you don't want to talk, but I'm hoping you'll at least listen, if you're willing to."

Sarah heard him. She missed him so much. She loved Mr Gold like a father. She then went to the door and she opened the door. She then let him in.

"It's very good to see you, even though I know you're not doing so well" he took her hands "do you remember those years ago when you came to me and trusted me? Well I want you to trust me again, Sarah. Let me help you again. Everyone is hurting right now, and I want to try and fix the mess that has happened."

She then broke down. "It's my fault....its my fault..."

"What's your fault, dearie?" he hugged her, "I'm sure you've done nothing wrong, and don't blame yourself over the boys. It's just a complicated situation."

"The Joker...it's all my fault..."

"What?!" Mr Gold gasped "Sarah you were just a child. None of that was your fault, don't ever believe that."

"...apparently it is. That's what Arthur was hinting at me...," she looked down.

Gold frowned, "Arthur? Are you sure? I don't think he would ever mean for you to think that."

"...he was aggressive with me, telling me to get over what I went through. I WENT THROUGH HELL! I thought he cared. He doesn't care."

"Are you sure you didn't misunderstand. Arthur's been abused also as a child and has PTSD. Perhaps he thought he was helping. But I will speak to him. He shouldn't have upset you like that, we've all been so worried about you. My son cares for you very much."

She looked down sadly. She then broke down. It was frustrating now, but Gold did argue, so he hugged her. She gripped on him tightly sobbing.

"I will speak to him. He needs to know how much he has hurt you, by wording whatever he said very badly," he hugged her and offered her his hanky.

She wiped her tears away and he kissed her forehead.

"Can...can you ask Buggy to come over also?" She asked.

Mr Gold then looked at her sadly, "I thought you knew, Buggy left on Christmas Eve. He left to go and hunt down someone...his ship is in uncharted waters at the minute. He's lost all cell service basically."

".....," she then shivered and looked down. She was now breathing heavily, "n-no....no he can't..."

"Sarah, it's alright. He's not alone, and the ship has a radio. You can speak to him using the other one we have at the shop."

"I-I can?" She asked.

Gold smiled, "of course, would you like to go now?"

"P-please?"

Mr Gold took her hand and walked her to the shop

Mr Gold took her hand and walked her to the shop. Once at the shop he tried to fix the radio. Once it was working he placed some headphones on Sarah and handed her a radio to speak into. "Press the button down to speak, it might take a while but you'll get an answer."

Sarah felt shy, but she managed to speak. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Someone on Buggy's ship heard her, but it wasn't Buggy. "Hello? Who's that??" A young boy asked.

 "Hello? Who's that??" A young boy asked

"Uh...is this Buggy's ship? I'm a friend of Buggy's. My name is Sarah...is...is he there?"

"Oh hi, friend of Buggy's. Uh, he is just with Alvida at the moment. She hates me interrupting them but If I don't tell him then he might get mad. So. Can you just give me 2 minutes??"

"...oh...no...that's fine...just..nevermind." She hen disconnected the call.

She looked down sadly and took the headphones off, "...I want to go home now..."

Gold frowned worriedly "is everything alright? His ship isn't in danger is it?"

"...He's busy...," she looked down.

"It's hard work being the captain of a ship. Wait a while. He won't be busy in an hour or two, he'll be bunking down for the night."

She looked down, "I just want to go home now, Mr Gold."

He sighed and walked her home. He didn't want to leave her, but she insisted she would be fine so he left. Her parents were now working late, so she stayed in her room that night worried. She was now shaking hearing noises outside. She was scared. She didn't noticed this until now, but there was a box on her desk, she went over and saw a note with Arthur's handwriting.

"Sarah, I just really wanted to say that I'm sorry for upsetting you. I never meant to. I hope you'll forgive me" the note said.

She then opened the box and found a doll hand knitted of Joker. She then teared up. He made a doll of her hero? She broke down and held him tightly. She now missed him and Buggy deeply. But still felt she would be a bother. She then went to sleep.