No regrets

I don't really know how long I was alseep up here on the tree but when I woke up, it was pitch black around me. Not even as if this was all, but it was eerily quiet and cold. Somehow this didn't really bother me. I was not the real daughter after all. No one cared where I was or what would happen to me. After all I had just vanished for hours outside and no one was searching for me nor could I hear my name called out at all. I was just alone in this darkness... in this cold... would it feel this way once they would kick me out?

Was this really something I could actually stand?

No... this was already too much.

My skin had goosebumps and I could definitely say that I was freezing by now since I was shivering uncontrollably. It was a wonder that I was still up the tree. Well not for long anyways. I jumped down and then too off these damn heels. They were annoying as it was and I never liked walking in them at all. If anyone would ask then I would say that these heels were a weapon for all womens to fight in their desperate times. 

Who was I fighting though?

My brothers?

Ivonne?

The duke?

The crown prince?

That magician?

Or...

That slave?

Perhapse live?

No... my answer was yet again a no since the only thing that I could do was nothing but accept the way things were going. 

Me: *sigh*

I could walk back to the mansion but why should I do that if I was not even welcomed there at all? Ivonne, the true owner of that places love was back and I was not one who should interfere there at all. Besides there was really no place for me to be anymore. Whould should I do when I get back? Fight them? Argue? Be imprissoned?

Hell no!

I would certainly not be able to stand that all. 

I... I don't even know what I wanted but it was not this.

So instead of walking back, I started walking around the garden more and more until I got to the outer walls of the duchy. It was quite a far place to be from the main mansion but I still got here. Just a bit further ahead would the knights places be and if I remember correctly there was also an abanonded small house. It was really not big and it was used to store some stuff inside but it was definitely too good for a storage unit. That much I could tell. 

Since there was really no place to go, I decided to get to that place. Of course the door were locked and it took me a bit to find an entrance. In the end, I really was just walking around the house, looking for broken windows as well as open windows. Anything that was giving me a way in but there was nothing around at all.

Me: *sigh*

Seems as if there was no way for me to get inside there at all. I checked and checked again but there was no window that was open, no door was unlocked and it was not as if I could just walk back to the mansion and demand the key for this house. No, the duke would never let me get in here. Then what was I supposed to do now?

I didn't know... but my feet took me to the front gate of the mansion where I found two soldiers of my family standing there watching and waiting till they got swooped out.

Soldier: My Lady?

Solider 2: Is something wrong?

Me: I would like to take a stroll outside.

Soldier: At this hour?

Me: Do you have a problem with this?

They looked at each other and I could tell what they were thinking about but I could also play that game and not only could I do that but I also knew what to say.

Me: I am the fake daughter of this duchy. Now that the real daughter is back, I would like to go out.

Soldier 2: HAH! So the mad dog knows its place huh...

My heart hurt when I heard them say that. Nothing changed at all... not them...  not the duchy... not the people around me.

Me: I do and if you do not want to see the mad dog act up, you would better step aside.

Soldier: Suit yourself.

This was all that was said before they opened the door for me. I really couldn't believe that it was this easy to get out of this damn duchy. For all this time I really was just thinking of escaping and now here I was. I had finally gotten out of the hellish place. 

Not a single glance backward, not a single regret and especially no feelings left for this place... I had nothing to regret and nothing to take with me as I got out of the place and was now wondering down the street towards the city.