Sweets for the win!

I think I fell asleep or cried myself once again to sleep but the realisation that I was still alive hit me only when I woke up looking at the ceiling and hearing some sobbing from my side. It was my made who was sitting on the floor laying her head and arms on the bed looking at me and crying. She was also odly smiling as well.

Maid: My lady! I was so anxious when I found you.

Me: *sigh*

Maid: Does it hurt a lot?

Me: No.

Maid: Shall I bring something to eat? Or something to drink?

Me: No...I am fine.

Maid: How about something sweet then?

At this point I was thinking about it. Normally people would immediately try to get me to eat a bit something but my maid was thinking differently. Since I found myself stuck as Penelope, I started to develope quite a sweet tooth. So in short, I loved cakes, muffins, cookies, biscuits as well as pudding and all kind of desserts. My maid knew this and so she offered it to me.

Me: What does the kitchen have?

Maid: I can bring up a variety. Just wait for a bit. I'll be quit and fetch some stuff.

Me: Thank you.

With that my maid went rushing away from my side and left me alone. Right now, I really didn't had the strength to do anything at all. It seems as if my maid had found me and thanks to her I survived. The bandage around my wrist was telling me everything. 

I wonder how they feel about everything....

Who cares....

I don't care.

They never cared for me as well.....

What do I do now though?

I am scared!

I don't want to find out about my death... about them trying to keep me here!

It hurts!

I don't want to deal with this.... drama....

I don't want to be alone, being bullied and... scorned....

I...

Before my thoughts could continue, I started to hear some more footsteps. They were coming to my side and before anything, I could see the duke in my point of view how he was looking down on me while I was still laying in the bed.

Duke: Penelope....

Me: Yes?

Duke: I am so sorry, I failed you.....

Me: ....

Duke: I should have thought more about how you feel and not just do what I want.... I-

Me: No, this is not my place after all.

Duke: That is not true.

Me: I am just a fake. You have found your real daughter.

Duke: No, you're wrong. You are one of my daughters. The moment I brought you in, I was prepared for everything. You may not be my daughter by blood but I took you in and I will be responsible for everything. As for the girl.... we still do not know if she is Ivonne.

Me: She is.

Duke: You can't know that and even then it doesn't matter. 

Me: It does. She belongs here in this household in contrary to me.

Duke: I can send her away if you think that it's better.

Me: No, you should send me away.

Duke: Penelope!

Me: Please....

Duke: .... If you think this is for the best and what you really want... then I'll do this.

Me: Thank you.

Duke: I will however visit you every now and then. 

Me: As you wish....

Duke: I am truly sorry that I have failed soo badly being a good father to you.

Me: .....

My maid was really fast because she kinda stormed in while the duke was here screaming "My lady, I am back!". In the same minute she also bowed and apologised to the duke for her rude behaviour but she also didn't really pay much attention to it and came to my side with the tray of sweets. She really managed to get some sweet pudding as well as cakes and cupcakes and cookies. It was a bitch much but it was nice to be able to enjoy quite a bit.

Duke: You seem to serve my daughter well.

Maid: To the best of my ability.

Duke: In that case, Penelope, I insist that you took her as well as Fenel with you.

Me: I will not say anything against this.

Duke: Good.... and know that you can always come back here.

Me: Thank you.

I really was happy that he let me to leave this goddamn household. I needed space from everything and I needed time to think. The future was quite clear. If I crossed the line with any of the 5 people who are love interests with Ivonne, then I would be dead. However by this time, I also knew if I tried to kill myself carelessly without much of a plan, someone would find me and safe me. Did this story truly needed a villainess like me?