A loyal maid!

The same day that the duke agreed on letting me move to another building, was the same day I had my maid pack up everything. I was not about to stay here for one more night for sure. Ivonne was a problem for me. Not as if I was hating her at all... I just knew that being close to her was equivilant to a death sentence. That was all. My brothers and this whole world was designed for her. I was the villainess and no matter how hard I was trying to change things up, there was no escaping it at all.

Still it felt soo much better being away from them and I think my maid also caught on to the fact because we were in the carriage together and no one was saying a word but all of the sudden she started to talk.

Maid: My Lady, how about we escape?

Me: Pardon me?

I was shocked when she suddenly suggested that. Was it really that obvious that I didn't wanted to be here? But even if I escaped, where should I go and what should I do?

Maid: I know how you were treated and I know that you don't like being in the dukes mansion.

Me: Go on.

For some reason she really caught my attention with what she was saying. Everything was true after all but the thing is.... she was one of the people who were treating me badly.

Maid: We can escape from here on out. The driver is an old friend of mine and I have packed up all the jewellery you possessed and everything that was valuable. 

Me: Why though?

Maid: Why what? Escape? You don't seem happy and I want you to live a happy life.

Me: That is exactly what I am asking. Why do you care so much?

Maid: No one saw me as a person in that mansion. I was just a lowly maid but you... you treated me as an equal.

Once again, that was true. I was sure that the old me would have done that but I was different then the old Penelope after all. Things have changed in the mansion but it was still not enough.

Maid: I really like you and I want to only serve you for the rest of my life.

Me: If we escape, we will live a poor life. I can't pay you anything.

Maid: That's not important. My lady will forever be my lady.

Me: Are you alright with everything?

Maid: Yes. I have planned everything and every little detail the moment I found you laying there on the ground..... I will do anything but please. Don't do this again.

A smile came over my lips as I looked at my maid. She truly intended to go through with this and I had to say, it was more than tempting not to go through. Why not after all? This could be my ticked out of being a villainess after all.

Me: Alright.

Maid: Are you sure, my lady?

Me: Yes.

Maid: I'll the coachman know then.

Not a minute later and she did tell the man to stop the carriage and not only that but we continued the same way but this time we met another carriage where we put in everything and then made everything else made up. A huge carriage accident, dead horses, a corpse of the coachman as well as some starved animals around did the trick. We didn't take any clothes with us all that we took were all the valuable things that we could sell and were now off to a new start. Of course I was sceptical if this would work but better than being caged in.

Me: Where are we heading?

Maid: To my hometown. We can rest there for the night and then continue to another city.

Me: You really thought this through....

Maid: Of course I did!

Me: Thank you.

I don't really know what this was but I think, I finally found my way out of the never ending story. Maybe it was too early to be happy but for the frist time over the past moths, I felt free. I truly felt happy and free. I didn't had this chunk in my throat. I didn't had this dreading feeling in the pits of my stomach. I didn't felt pressured and I didn't felt like crying. 

Was this finally it?

Was this my way out?

If so, then I would make the most out of it with the knowledge of the modern world that I had.