Chapter 1: Dear Journal

(Chapter 1: Dear Journal)

October 1st

Dear Journal,  

I talked to Aiden today, and he seems to be doing well. He likes his new school and has made a couple of friends, although I can tell he's missing home almost as much as I'm missing him.

October 9th

Dear Journal,

Aiden called me today but I missed his call because I was at my eye appointment. I got contacts today! They're a little strange right now, but I know I'll be used to them in no time. I can't wait to tell Aiden. I miss him so much.

October 15th

Dear Journal

I tried calling Aiden today, but he didn't answer. I made sure to leave him a voicemail though, but I guess he didn't get it because that was five hours ago and I've still not heard from him. But on the upside mom took me shopping today and I bought a whole new wardrobe and then we went to the movies. I tried to enjoy the film, but the whole movie reminded me of Aiden. I guess it hit a little too close to home what the lead character being in love with her best friend, but he fail to notice her. The only difference in our lives was they ended up together in the end and we won't.

October 25th

Dear Journal,

I finally talked to Aiden again. He said he took an after school job at a hardware store, and that's why he hadn't had the time to call me but he promised it wouldn't take him so long next time. Oh and I met a guy today!

His name's Cameron, and I really like him. We ran into each other at Friday's game, literally. I was carrying my drink from the concession stand when my phone rang. While I was looking at it, I ran straight into him spilling my cherry coke all over his Jersey. He wasn't even mad. Instead, he asked me out on a date to make up for it. And of course I took him up on it. He was hot.

October 28th

Dear Journal,

It's been three days since my date with Cameron, and He's already asked me to be his girlfriend. I guess you could say things are looking up. But sadly there was no call from Aiden. I tried calling him, but there was no answer. It's a shame honestly because I wanted tell him the exciting news.

November 8th

Dear Journal,

It's been two weeks, and I've still heard nothing from Aiden. I hope he's ok. I guess his job and friends must be keeping him busy. I hope he gets a chance to call me soon. If I don't hear from him in three days, I'll try calling him again. And Speaking of friends I have made some of my own, Charity and Madison. Cameron introduced us today. Turns out, they were both in my Math class, but we had never talked. They seem quite lovely.

November 17th

Dear Journal,

I turned 16 today! Cameron took me out to a exceptionally nice Italian restaurant and even surprised me with a beautiful necklace, but something was still missing, Aiden. He sent me a text this morning that said; Happy Birthday. I miss you, love Aiden. Not exactly a phone call, but at least I know he still thinks about me.

December 28th

Dear Journal,

I know it's been forever since I've written in, but I've been busy with Yearbook and Art. Even though my life's hectic right now I feel it will slow down by the first of the year, especially since the holidays are over.