Chapter 17- What A Night

I was still in complete in utter surprise from mom and Martin’s good news. For once I didn’t feel like panicking after they told me something. I was feeling just as happy as they were at the moment.

“So we really don’t have to move?” I asked.

“No,” Mom answered. “We get to stay here.”

This time Martin intervened. “That’s why we haven’t been home the past few days. Your mom and I have been talking with an architect about adding on the house. All of the final details should be taken care of next week.

“I should tell Aiden!” I smiled pulling my phone from my pocket.

“How is Aiden?” she asked. “I haven’t seen him in a few days.”

My smile quickly faded. “Sick actually.”

I sent Aiden the good news through text message and stuffed my phone back into my back pocket.

“Oh no,” she frowned.

“But I think he’s getting better. He looked better anyway?”

She suddenly tensed. “You’ve been to see him?”

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and nodded. What is wrong with that?

She suddenly took a step back and held out her hands in front of her. “I cannot get sick. I’m trying to keep in good health for the baby.”

Ugh. I’m such an idiot. Of course she is. I face palmed myself and took a few more steps back.

“I’m so sorry, Mom.”

Martin chuckled watching the scene before him. “We can’t exactly kicker her out of the house.”

When mom’s face didn’t resemble his humorous one I swallowed. Martin quickly noticed she was very serious and stopped laughing as well.

“Oh come on honey. It will be fine. You’ll just have to keep away from each other for a few days,” he said rubbing her back.

“Most viruses are airborne. I don’t think that will help,” she replied to him. She gave me a guilty look.

“You want me to leave don’t you?” I asked crossing my arms.

She winced and nodded. “Don’t be mad. I’m just being careful.”

I’m probably not even contagious. Like she said, she’s just being careful. My vitamin regimen has never failed me; I don’t see why it would now.

I guess I could just stay at Aiden’s tonight. But then again, if I’m not sick, I don’t want to tempt fate. Maybe I can just stay at Maddie’s. She’d be overjoyed to have me stay.

“Its fine, Mom, I’ll just stay at Maddie’s for a couple of days,” I said sending her a quick text.

“Really?” she asked, her face turning into a smile. “That would be great. At least until the forty-eight hours is over.”

Maddie quickly texted back a reply with an unnecessary amount of smiles and exclamation points telling me to come on over she’d love to have to for two whole days. I just hoped it could survive it. I hope her and Drew was doing okay. That would certainly make things a lot easier.

“I’ll be gone in ten minutes,” I said relaxing a bit. “I promise.”

She let out a relieved sigh. “Thanks so much honey. I promise I’ll make it up to you. Take you to the mall shopping this weekend?”