Chapter 4- The Subject of Cam

I pushed my pancake around on my plate like I had been doing for the past thirty minutes obviously to full and too distracted to eat anymore. Syrup was smeared from one end of the dish to the other in a sticky mess and I was only making it worse.

To any onlooker I'm sure that I looked like a ten year old kid sitting here playing with my food in this way, but I was also thinking in the process. I'm weird I know. I've been told many times before. A few times even by Cam. I know it was all in good humor though so I didn't mind.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked in an obviously amused tone.

I blushed and set my fork down while shrugging. "It's nothing."

Liar, Liar pants on fire. My conscious spoke.

Annoying little thing isn't it? You know when it's right, but you hate it all the same. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking anyway as I'm shouting for it to butt out of this.

"It doesn't seem like nothing. The last time you were this distracted was when you were trying to figure out how to tell me you "misplaced" my jersey." He chuckled putting are quote around the word.

"It was misplaced." I defended with a grin. "I found it, didn't I? If it were lost, it would have been gone forever."

He shook his head at me before leaning over the table to grab my chin. He placed a light kiss on my lips, lingering for a second, before backing away.

He had that same amused look on his face as always when he found me funny. I, however, didn't see anything comical about the statement myself, but maybe I was just missing something.

After he finished laughing his face turned a little more serious before he spoke again. "I do wish you would tell me what's wrong though."

My pancakes had failed me this time. All the while I had been sitting playing with them I still hadn't come up with a good way to tell him about Aiden. Nor had I thought of a good way to tell Aiden about Cam? Why did it have to be so difficult?

For once I wish my life was easy.

I let out a long sigh before I answered him. "I don't know where to start." I admitted.

"How about from the beginning?" He replied with light sarcasm.

"It's complicated."

That was not a lie.

I hadn't exactly been open with Cam about my past before, so this would be a little awkward. He never knew me as the shy nerdy girl with the best friend I couldn't let go of. No, he knew me only as the smart, confident, outgoing, pretty girl with a lot of self esteem. It was as if the old Bailey and the new Bailey were two completely different people and not only personalities.

The truth was I had changed and I didn't exactly know if Cam would still like me after I told him everything.

Ugh and now I fell shallow for thinking he is that shallow. I am such an awful person. What does he even see in me? I know he could find someone better if he wanted to.

"Most things are, but you should be able to tell me above anyone else." He said.

I nodded. I knew he was right. He was my boyfriend for goodness sakes. If I can't share with him then we obviously shouldn't be together.

"Okay, but I must warn you now, you are about to find out a lot about me in the process. Thing I've not exactly shared with anyone."

He faked alarm and held his hands up in front of him. "You didn't kill someone did you?"