Chapter 15- His Words Were Wise

                Most of Sunday Mom and Martin spent out of the house. To my delight Aiden didn’t leave me the whole day. We didn’t talk much about what happened yesterday. Instead we just focused on getting to know each other again. Our time spent apart had definitely put a strain on our relationship and it was up to us to fix that. I didn’t want to lose him again. I would do whatever I had to make this work between us. Right now things between us were Neutral.

                Dad tried to call me a couple of times today, but I ignored him. I know it was just to check in on how things were on the Mom front.  I’m still not ready to go there with her yet. She’s just barely two months pregnant and everyone knows the first trimester is crucial. I can’t just spring something like this on her right now. It wouldn’t be right.

                Aiden was currently laid back on my bed texting someone on his phone while I was trying to finish a report on Microsoft Word that was due in one of my classes next week. Sunday was an incredibly boring day. I’m mean really. Who does homework on the weekend anyway?

                Due to my short attention span, I let myself wonder over to my Facebook page to see what everyone else was doing today.

The only two of my friends that had updated their statuses in the past twenty-four hours was Madison and Charity. Madison was currently at her boyfriend’s house and Charity was at the Greene’s Grill with a couple of guys from school. She posted a picture of them three of them an hour ago via mobile.

I continued scrolling through my news feed until came across a footlocker advertisement and remembered something. I instantly turned to Aiden.

“Are you still going to the mall today?”

His eyes flashed from the screen of his phone to me and he nodded. “I need to. Do you want to come?”

I’ve nothing better to do.

“Sure.”

I looked at the clock beside my bed and took note of the time. It was just after two and neither of us had eaten yet. I wouldn’t object to eating lunch at the mall today. I’ve become fairly addicted to the new Japanese place that just moved in next to subway.

He quickly went back to texting someone briefly before he stood up, put his phone away and stretched.

“I hope you don’t mind. I invited Andy along. He’s bored out of his mind plus we haven’t really had the chance to hang out since I’ve been back.”

I nodded. Well that’s true. I forgot they used to hang out too. I hadn’t spoken to him much since Aiden left. I guess I sort of cut him out too when I went through my transformation. I’m such a terrible person.

An hour later, Aiden and I sat at one of the many table in the food court, finishing the last of our food. The mall wasn’t too crowded today. There were only a few people I recognized from school. It was mostly families that occupied the seats around us.

There were blond headed twin girls that looked around the age of thirteen or fourteen sitting with their mom next to us. One of them kept sending smiles at Aiden and blushed when she caught me looking. It caused me to laugh. He hadn’t even realized he had an admirer. It was cute. He attracts girls of all ages.

The sound of Andy’s voice a few feet away from us got my attention as I stood to throw away our trash. He was wearing a bright smile when he approached us and I returned it. Aiden stood to shake his hand and did one of those awkward man hugs things before sitting back down.