Chapter 18- Fairy Godmother

 Staying at Maddie’s was nice, but I hardly slept. We spent the past two nights staying up late, watching reruns of old shows and gossiping. It was fun, but exhausting for me the following days. My stay went by pretty quickly and I found myself going back home before I knew it.

It was Friday, so I was especially excited to be going to school today. Well, not so much school as to see Aiden. He was completely recovered for his virus and promised to be at school today.

I hadn’t spoken to Cam since the night Maddie and I took him and Drew to his house and it was kind of odd. I noticed him stealing glances my way in the hall or in class but he would never say anything. It’s like the other night never happened. I wasn’t exactly sure how to address him either.

Luckily he had kept Sage busy as well and off my case. Which, I guess she really didn’t have a reason to torment me anymore since she now had Cam all to herself-if that what he even was.

“You’re here!” I cheered attacking Aiden with my arms when I closed my locker. He was standing next to me with a gleeful smile on his face.  It was refreshing after seeing him so sick.

He chuckled when he pulled away from me. “Yes, it’s true. I am alive.”

“And I’m glad. I’m not sure what I’d do without you,” I giggled. “These past few days without your company have been unbearable.”

“I’m sure it wasn’t that bad,” he smiled. “You had Maddie.”

I nodded holding my books for first period to my chest. “Very true, but she’s still not you.”

He chuckled again. “Okay that I can agree with.”

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and spun us in the direction of our first period class. Ugh English. It’s too early in the morning for this. I groaned.

“Come on,” he said. “It won’t be that bad. I’m here.”

“True.” I smiled at him agreeing. Having Aiden was all I really ever needed.

Class started almost as soon as we entered the room. Aiden and I took our usual assigned seats and, like I expected, Sage took the seat in front of him. I rolled my eyes at her, unfortunately she missed it though.

She flipped her long brown hair of her shoulder and sent smile back at my best friend. I felt the unsettling sense of jealous rising within me.

“Feeling better, I see,” she said.

He nodded and gave her a polite smile. “Much better, thank you.”

He was always too nice to some people, even if they don’t deserve it. Although I suppose that’s one of things I love about it. He wasn’t malicious like most people in this school- Sage being one of them.

“Well, I’m glad your back. I’ve had to partner with Colin Beecher. He’s not exactly the smartest crayon in the box if you know what I mean.”

Ugh, she is such a bitch.

“Please pass last night’s homework assignment to the front of the class. Today we start on something new.” Mrs. Patterson said with an over joyous expression on her face.

Of course she would be so happy. She lives for this class.

I dug through my book in search of my homework worksheet that was folded up inside and passed it to the front.