Chapter 20- Until Tomorrow

Aiden and I hadn’t moved from our spots since we arrived to the party. It was in full swing and everyone seemed to be having a blast. Well everyone apart from me. And my poor best friend looked bored out of his mind standing silently next to me. I was keeping him from having any fun. It was my fault. I was too busy waiting for Sage to attack to really enjoy myself.  

Nick and Charlotte were swaying to the beat on the dance floor together not paying any mind to anything thing around them. Neither of them had a care in the world. That must be nice.

“You know you can go dance. You don’t have to stand here with me,” I said to Aiden over the loud music.

“I’d rather you dance with me,” he smiled.

I sighed and looked around the room before glancing back up at Aiden and smiling. “Ok. We’ll dance.”

I really need to loosen up. I mean, what could, Sage, really do to me? She has exactly what she wants now; Cam. We’re not together anymore.

Aiden tugged at me hand and pulled me into the mass of people and wrapped my arms around his neck. He had a gleeful smile on his face that was nearly impossible not to return. Aiden was just so fun and easy to be around. He makes me feel at ease.

His arms wound around my waist before he pulled me to him in a gentle embrace. I willingly leaned into him, resting my head on his hard chest.

“You look beautiful tonight,” he mumbled in my ear.

His hot breath fanned over my ear and neck.

“Thank you,” I grinned, though he couldn’t see me.

“You look beautiful always though,” he added.

If he kept on like this, my grin would be a permanent fixture upon my face. I hugged him closer to me. I took the opportunity to inhale his amazing scent. It was like home to me. Only Aiden wore it. It was like a mixture of all my favorite things rolled into one.

I closed my eyes and kept in tune with the slow beat the surrounded us.

The moment couldn’t have been more perfect, until I felt a light tapping on my shoulder.

Shit…Sage.

I took in a deep breath and released it before turning to face the enemy. Surprise and relief flowed through me at whom actually standing behind me. It wasn’t Sage at all. It was Cam, with a smile on his face.

“Sorry to interrupt, but I was hoping that I might cut in,” he said looking from me to Aiden.

I followed his eye to see a shocked Aiden mirroring exactly the way I felt. He wants to cut in?

“Uh…yeah. I um- I guess that would be alright,” Aiden said kindly.

I frowned. There he goes again being entirely too nice to people who don’t deserve it again. I didn’t resist when Aiden released me and handed me over to Cam even though I desperately wanted to. It was our first dance as a couple, and yet, we couldn’t even get through it because of Cameron.

His arms around me felt foreign and familiar to me all at the same time. At one time I was used to being in the position with him, but now I had grown used to another person’s arms. It was the same person whose arms I wanted to be in right now.

Awkwardly, I wrapped my arms around his neck, but kept the distance between us. I didn’t pull into him like I had done with Aiden.

“You look beautiful, Bailey,” he said softly gripping my sides. I could smell the strong scent of alcohol on his breath.