Chapter 17. Is It Time?

HAERIN's POV

I let out a gentle smile as my hand caress the girl's cheek. She looks gorgeous while sleeping. The beauty marks on her left cheek and her long eyelashes. The way her lips part slightly as she breathes. It's perfect.

I slowly moves my hand down to her neck and gently rubs the marks I left on her. I placed a kiss on her forehead and continue to hold her while she's sleeping peacefully.

It has been a few weeks since Hanni's parents have visited us. Ever since then, I haven't been able to see Danielle much. Every time that I do get to see her, I make sure to make the best out of our time. I rustle the beautiful brown wavy hair as Dani snuggle closer to me.

Truth is, I've been having sex with both of them. Not at the same time, of course. But every time I do it with Hanni, my wife, I can't help but think of Dani.

Making love with her feels so good.. and it's like our puzzle pieces fit perfectly. The way our bodies morph together, the way I sink into her. It's just feels right. I always find myself holding onto Dani no matter what we do; she's a prized possession that I want to keep safe in a glass box.

Should I file for the divorce? I don't know. How would grandpa feel about this? How would Hanni and her family react? ...Will Danielle ever forgive me? I don't want that. I don't want to lose her.

I sighed heavily, looking for the digital clock on her nightstand. I should really get home before Hanni suspects anything. As I try to pull myself off from Danielle's grasp, not only did she not let go, but she also held onto me tighter. I frowned. I don't want to go. Leaving her while she's asleep right after we just made love, what an asshole move is that?

Eventually, I got her grabby hands off of me and broke free. I leaned down, softly tucking a hair strand behind her ear. I kissed her lips one last time before putting my clothes back on. I wrote a letter before leaving.

'I'm sorry I couldn't stay until you wake up. Text me when you're awake, I love you. I'll see you on Monday, my love :)'

I drove to a friend's house, Lily. I need to shower and get rid of this smell; a mixture of sweat, cum, and Dani's perfume. Oh, did I mentioned that Lily is also my assistant? We've been through a lot together, her dad used to work for my dad before both my parents died in a car accident, that is. She's also the person that knows me the best. My best friend.

Lily knows I've been having an affair. She advised me to file for divorce and come clean, but I can't do it. At least, not yet.

"Can I use your shower?" I said, taking my shoes off then walked into the luxurious apartment. "Can I say no?" I heard she said followed by a sigh. I gave her a gummy smile before getting into the shower.

"I'll put your clothes in the washer."
"Thanks!"

It feels nice as the water runs down my body, rinsing away any trace of my affair. Is it finally time for divorce? This question keeps on haunting me, whenever I'm left alone with thoughts, this question seems to always come to mind.

I turned off the shower and walked out. I dried myself with the towel before putting on Lily's clothes. "Thank you for always having my back." I said, walking out of the bathroom and smiled. I heard her sigh as we walk into the living room. "You know your wife asks me every time if you really stay over. She always ask about your whereabouts, and your side chick asked me about you and how you are as a person." Lily shook her head. "Before it becomes a bigger problem, you should settle things and come clean, Haerin."

I sigh, leaning against the backrest of the couch. "I don't know if it's time, yet. I don't think I can handle the heartbreak of a divorce right now." I said. "But aren't you in love with Danielle?" I stayed quiet.

I'm hurting both of them, I thought.

"How's your dad?" I asked, swiftly switching the subject. She gave in. "He's doing well, I'm planning to take a week off to visit my parents. Is that fine?" She asked. "Of course it is! You can go and enjoy your time, I'll handle things just fine on my own!" I reassured, but instead of feeling assured, Lily sighs and shook her head.

I stayed on the couch to relax for around 30 minutes. My clothes have finally dried and it's also time for me to leave.

"Let's go grab a drink together tomorrow, okay?" I asked as I put my shoes on. Lily nodded. I smiled before getting into my car and drove home.

Once arrived home, I parked my car into the driveway. To my surprise, the door was unlocked as I got in. Did I forget to lock the door before leaving? Suddenly, Hanni came rushing towards me. "Honey? I thought you're not coming back until eight at night." I said, confused and shock.

Hanni had plans with her friends to go on a girls date, that's the reason why I had time to go see Dani.

"Where have you been?" She demanded. I gulped, did she find out? "I was at Lily's." I said, half lying. She looked up into my face with pouty lips. "I went home early cause I missed you but you weren't there, and you didn't answer any of my calls or text messages. You got me worried and scared." She suddenly starts to tear up. "What would I ever do if something happens to you!?" I nodded slightly, listening to her ramble.

It's that time of the month for Hanni. Whenever she's on her period, she becomes very emotional, so emotional that she will burst out crying by the smallest things such as not being able to find her favourite pair of socks.

I smiled softly, holding onto a sobbing sweet wife. "It's fine, Hanni, I'm not going anywhere and I came back in one piece, didn't I?" I reassured as I carry her bridal style way to our living room. I put her down on the couch and starts to cuddle with her.

I wipe her tears away with my thumb and started to attack her face with multiple kisses. I chuckled softly as she starts to calm down. "You're okay now?" She nodded. "You shouldn't worry too much or you'll get wrinkles." I joked. Hanni always makes sure her skin is flawless so I tease her about it whenever she starts to worry about things too intensely.

"Do you want me to get more chocolate? How about we watch baby seal and panda videos? How does that sound?" I asked. She nodded and smiled subtly.

I can't file for divorce. Not just yet. I can't leave Hanni alone, I don't want to break her. Who would keep up with her emotional self? Who would binge watch cute animal videos with her?

It's not time, yet.