Chapter 25. Truths Unfold

HAERIN's POV

I rushed over to the girl lying on the ground with a puddle of blood surrounding her. The knot in my throat came back. I could feel my eyesight starting to get blurry as I kneeled down to hold onto her body. "No, Danielle.. no..." My voice was weak. "No, not you too." I whispered as I sobbed holding her body.

Suddenly, my chest felt tight and I start to have trouble breathing. My head also starts to duplicate things but held on. I held her tightly as her blood soaked my clothes and hers.

"It'll be okay..." I felt her hand softly holding mine, it was so weak. "We'll be okay." Was the last thing she said before she passed out. I intertwines my fingers with hers, squeezing it tightly.

In the short distance, I could hear the ambulance siren approaching. Similar to how it was back then. Both times, it was all my fault.

I sat on the chair outside of the operating room with my hands holding onto my head. The only thing I could do is sit here and pray for the best. Fuck, my chest still feels tight and my breathing still hasn't steady yet.

Is this the consequences of my actions?

I bit my lip harshly. Please, anything, not Danielle. I'm the one in the wrong, not her. Please, don't hurt her.

Suddenly, I heard loud footsteps approaching. I looked up to see Hanni with tears constantly rolling down her face. Her expression, a mixture of anger and disappointment. "What is she to you?" She whispered in between her unsteadily breathing due to crying.

"I SAID, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GIRL TO YOU!?" Hanni shouted. This is the first time I've ever heard her actually shout. "I.." I tried to speak but the knot in my throat is trying to hold me back. I swallowed before trying again.

"She's the love of my life."

I finally said it. I don't think ever in my life have I ever felt this much guilt all at once. I could see Hanni trying to hold back some of her tears but it came out more and more. "How long has this been going on?" She said in between her sobs. "Months." I answered. Hanni clenched her fists together tightly. She always does this whenever she feels upset but wants to subside her emotions.

"Well, for fucks sake Haerin, she's pregnant!"

"Wh-" Before I could really say anything, Hanni ran off. Pregnant? Danielle? Danielle is pregnant? She's carrying my child? No, she can't be, can she? Why didn't Dani tell me anything about her being pregnant? How long has it been since she found it? Does she even know she's pregnant?

There's like a million questions running through my mind all at once.

Fuck, I really don't know what to do. I didn't even get to apologise, not that it'll make things better but the least I can do is say sorry.

"You know, I'm not sure if I want to punch you right now or be proud of you," I heard Minji's voice. I glanced over, she's already sitting next to me. I don't know when or how long she has been here but that's the least of my concerns right now.

"You actually said it. You admit who you truly love instead of trying to cover things up even more. But at the same time, you dragged things far too long than it should've been."

I sat there and listen like a little kid who just got caught in trouble. "Here." Minji handed me a paper brown bag. "I don't know if this still helps, but you were having a panic attack earlier. Use it if you still need to." I took the bag, "Thank you."

"You fucking asshole!" I heard someone yell in the distance. Along with their echoing footsteps, one by one, the person came closer to closer until I was able to see who it is. Danielle's friend, Hyein slapped me before grabbing be my collar. "You fucking know better than to put Dani in a situation like this. I thought we could trust you but you're just another womanizer bastard." She shook me so hard that I started to feel dizzy and lightheaded.

Minji got in to try and stop her, not before long after I withstand a few slaps and punches, security came to take Hyein.

"Haerin, are you okay??" Minji said as she looks at my wounds (which she caused in the first place.) "Some of your wounds reopened. Come here, I'll treat them." I shook my head to politely decline the offer, "I'm fine, no need to bother."

Just then I saw a doctor came out of the operating room which caused my body to instantly react by rushing over to ask how's Danielle is doing.

"Good news, she is doing fine. A few weeks of recovery and she should be back to normal." I let out a sigh of relief upon hearing the news. "But unfortunately, we couldn't save the fetus inside her."

The baby. Our baby. Why didn't she tell me sooner that she's pregnant? But it's okay, Danielle is fine. That's all it matters to me.

"Get well soon, my love." I whispered as I squeezed her hand. I believe never in my life have I ever wish something so much before. I would do anything to rewind time and let it be me instead of her. Why would she do something so reckless? It could've had her killed.

The doctor said she'll need a few weeks to get back to normal. I paid and took care of the paperworks. Danielle got put in the best room they could find, it's the only thing I could do as of this moment for her. I also called her parents and notify them. They'll be taking a flight to get to Seoul to visit her from Australia.

Marsh Guwon and Marsh Do-Hee. I found out that the Marsh family is an old friend of grandpa's and is one of our most valuable business partners for the Kang Corporation. I heard about them before but never knew how they look like or anything about them. I heard they got quite a reputation but I didn't know Danielle is their daughter.

As for the divorce and my relationship with Hanni. I'm sure she would want to divorce me in the span of twenty-four hours, though I don't blame her.

This is really it, huh? I'm going to lose both of them.

I looked at Dani's face, she's so gorgeous, it's almost as if she's only sleeping. I promise, Danielle, I'll come clean and tell you everything, just not right away. I can't do that while your health isn't the best. Once you've fully recovered, I promise to tell you everything.