Chapter 36. Above All, It's You

HAERIN's POV

"Okay class! Let's start off by mincing the garlic and our veggies!" The cooking instructor said enthusiastically. I followed her orders by starting to dice everything up. Seems like luck isn't on my side today as I accidentally cut myself for the third time this evening! Third!

Why the hell is cooking so difficult!? I swallowed down the pain as it was getting disinfected.

"Miss Kang, with all due respect... are you sure you want to continue this course?.." I took full offence to what she just said. "I'm sure." I replied. "You know, we also offer baking classes! That might suit you a bit better." I glared at her in disbelief.

Is she saying I don't have the capacity to learn how to cook? The disrespect! I cleared my throat. "I'm sure that I'm going to continue this course."

After the small chatting, I continued with following the instructions and work on my cooking. Danielle always mention about how much she loves homemade meals and enjoy sitting down, being able to eat together and just simply talk.

She's an amazing girlfriend and she deserves it, so I decided to secretly take cooking classes and make her wish come true! But unfortunately, It's not going very well. I've already injured myself way too much and the head instructor kept on trying to convince me to drop the class.

I can't give up now. I have to do this for Dani.

Fighting!

I gulped as I watches the same instructor doing a taste test on the stir fry Ive just made. My heartbeat crescendos as I the look on her face changes from blank, confused, questioning, back to blank, and finally a small smile crooked on her face.

"Miss Kang, you've actually made a lot of improvement since 1-2 weeks ago. I'm so proud of you!" The woman spoke softly. She gave me a huge smile and some encouragement pats before leaving to the next student.

I was about to taste test my own cooking but the vibration coming from my phone stopped me.

"Hello-"

"Oh Haerin! My granddaughter! No questions asked, come to my place right now."

That old man hung up and didn't even let me have a chance to say anything like always. I groaned but with a subtle smile on my face. I've been wound up with everything and didn't actually have the chance to privately check up on him. So guess this isn't so bad.

I bid goodbyes and cleaned after myself before leaving the place. Should I buy something for grandpa Tae? But he did tell me to come to his place quickly so I guess I shouldn't.

I got into my car and quickly drove to his place. I'm in a good mood today and my cooking improved. I'll definitely buy Dani some gifts and cook her a homemade dinner when I get home.

"Oh Haerin! Take a seat!" Grandpa happily point to the seat across from him. I guess he's also in a good mood. I nodded and obliged.

"So," he sipped on his cup of tea, "I have a few friends and we decided to set up blind dates for you guys. Together, seeing each other!"

I looked at him with a confused expression. "Sorry?" I asked. "I haven't met them yet but I'm sure they're all fantastic kids. One failed marriage shouldn't stop you from loving." He laughed.

"Grandpa, I'm already dating someone. I thought you knew, since you were at the company's anniversary celebration." I briefly explained. I could see the expression on his face changes.

Dani is the one I love. I don't think I can ever bring myself to love another person.

"Have she not broken up with you yet? Dammit, after all that I told her." I looked at him in disbelief. What does he mean by not broken up with me yet? What did he say to her?