Chapter 19. Sweet Sincerity

NO ONE's POV

"Bye, I love you." Haerin said softly, kissing her wife tenderly as they bid goodbyes. Hanni had already shed a tear, she's not very well with staying away from the person she loves and hold the dearest in this world. Haerin used her thumb to wipe that tear away, then kissed her once more. This time, a bit longer.

"C'mon Hanni, you'll be able to see her again after a few days." Minji comforted, patting the other one's shoulder. Hanni sadly nodded, Minji stayed by her side to comfort her.

Upon leaving the airport, Haerin headed back to home. She rearranged the house to make it seem like only one person is living here. Haerin made sure to hide all evidence and traces of Hanni around.

Shen then headed straight to Danielle's dorm. She knocked a few times and patiently wait for Danielle to open the door. Haerin decided to surprise her girlfriend, since her wife is now out of town, they can spend time together a lot more.

"Haerin?" Danielle looked happy upon seeing the cat girl in front of her. "Yes," Haerin replied, bringing the latter into a warm embrace. "I missed you, so I came to see you." She added, kissing the puppy's forehead profusely. They went inside the dorm and sat down on the couch, still hugging each other.

Haerin let out a contented sigh, cupping the girl's face and admire it beautifully. "It's been forever since I get to see you." She said, with a hint of sadness. Haerin closed the distance between their lips, kissing Danielle lovingly. Danielle can't stop giggling and smiling at the adorable kitty.

"You just saw me yesterday and we were texting thirty minutes ago!" Danielle exclaimed.

"That's far too long." Haerin whispered.

They kissed once again, this time, a bit longer. Their soft lips and sweet taste lingers around; an addiction. Danielle was the first one to end their kiss, Haerin pouted a bit in disappointment. She was hoping for more considering how much she misses the girl she loves.

They stayed in comfortable silence as Haerin holds the latter tightly. "Dani," the cat whispered softly, "Why don't you stay with me for a few days?" Danielle looked confused while Haerin looks very serious. "Just a few days for the weekend, to keep each other company?" She tucked a hair behind Danielle's ear. "I want to make up for all the time we didn't get to see each other."

Danielle thought for a moment. Haerin noticed how her eyebrows move as she thinks. It's really adorable, she thought. Haerin can tell immediately once Danielle is done with her thoughts; it's like a lightbulb on top of Danielle's head lit up and her eyes shine. "Yes!" She said enthusiastically, kissing the tip of her girlfriend's nose.

Haerin smiled, staring into those big brown doe eyes.

HAERIN's POV

I helped her pack a few things but she didn't need to bring much, especially clothes, she can always wear mine. Though, I prefer taking them off.
A whole weekend with Dani to myself, sounds like heaven! The cuddles and the kisses under a rainy day while we bake some sort of sweets would be perfect! "You're done?" I asked, holding onto her hand. She nodded and gave me a smile.

I can tell she's really excited about this; the way she hums and do little hops around like a bunny. I opened the passenger door for her then put the seatbelt around her, I smiled, looking into her eyes. "I love you," Danielle giggled as she cupped my face and brings my lips to clash with hers. Her lips are soft, so soft and gentle.

Throughout the ride, I can't help but smile at the girl sitting in the passenger seat. She would occasionally belt down and sing some songs (very hard songs) and she sounds amazing. She laughs a lot, too. And It also makes me happy when she is. I slide my hand over to her lap and intertwine our fingers together.

It fits perfectly, despite the size difference between our hands.

We arrived to my house, I helped carry her bag and opened the door for her. It was adorable to watch her look around the place. She looks like a lost puppy immersed in a new space it's never been in before. Suddenly, Dani took a big breath in.

"It smells like you." Dani said adorably as she jumps up and down in one place. I had to wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly to stop her from jumping and being so excited. "Well, It is my house." I said before putting my arms under her knees and neck to princess carry her into the bedroom I've prepared for us with her backpack on my shoulder.

Of course I'm not gonna use the room me and Hanni use, that would be too risky. I prepared the guest room to make it look cozy and for us to share it. Dani immediately plopped down onto the mattress as soon as I set her down. "This is way better than the bed in my dorm." She muttered, rolling back and forth on the bed.

I set the bag into a corner and plopped myself down onto the mattress as well, with my arms wrapped around her. "What should we do?" Danielle then followed with a few giggles. "Hmm," I used my thumb to caress her cheek. "We have all the time in the world to us. We could maybe start off with maybe your favourite movie and few snacks downstairs. Oh! Some cuddles and kisses would also be great."

She bops her nose against mine. "And how about you cook dinner for us?" She suggested. "Of course, my love." I replied. I'm ready to do all the housework, cleaning and cooking as long as it puts a smile on her face. I would do anything just to be able to see her smile.

I really love this girl.

NO ONE's POV

A few hours after Hanni and her coworkers arrived at their destination. They checked in with the hotel and stayed in their individual rooms to wash up and rest. They have a long upcoming few days ahead of them. Throughout the whole plane ride, Minji noticed Hanni's mood isn't bright and energetic like how she usually is. Minji knows the reason behind it and she still doesn't want the girl to feel that way.

If only it was her instead of Haerin.

Throughout lunch, Hanni's mood did improve. She started to laugh and smile again. Nurse Shuhua really knows how to make people laugh. Minji didn't say much, she was busy admiring the smile lines of Hanni.

"Minji, what about you?" The voice snapped her back into reality. "Huh?" Was all she could say. "Were you listening at all, man? We were talking about where we would like to go visit while having free time on our hands." Hanni explained with a smile which got the taller one mesmerised.

"Well, I think the famous fountain would be nice. I saw it online a few times." Minji said softly. "Oh I saw it too!" Nurse Shuhua exclaimed, "It was believed that the goddess of love, Aphrodite looks over the place and will bring soulmates to find a way to each other." She explained. Everyone at the table listened with amusement, especially Hanni, she has always been fond of these things when it comes to love and goddesses.

"Nice pick, Minji! We'll go there! I need to find you someone, you've been single for so long!" Hanni exclaimed with amusement. Minji laughs, "Alright." She gave in.

Minji has always been popular with girls, she gets hit on a lot every time she goes out. Once the girls found out she's a doctor, it even gets crazier. But even with so many confessions, she only has eyes for one person. But her feelings will never get reciprocated.

After finishing lunch, they headed up into their hotel rooms to get their stuff before heading out. Minji followed Hanni to her room to hangout a bit since they are best friends and all. Hanni giggles a lot more now which makes Minji feel at ease and happy.

Minji took a deep breath, "I know I'm not Haerin," she said slowly. "But if you ever need some company, a friend to talk to." She paused for a moment. Hanni also got quiet, listening to the girl talk. Minji glanced at the latter's hand quickly, wanting to hold it but she stopped herself before her hand could move to do so.

"You can always call me... just know, I'm only one call away."