Sirens

Dozens of tears and an enormous sea of black clouded my vision. The funeral home was absolutely packed with people; some I didn't know whatsoever, and some I did. I truly did despise being here, especially for this reason. I was even sad to say that this was much harder than my mom's funeral, and I blamed it solely on how close my dad and I became over the years. I mean, after my mom passed me, Lynleigh, Jason, and my dad had no other choice but to become close. We had no one else but ourselves.

The past few days have been very, very difficult for not only me, but for the rest of the family and the Autobots as well. The only reason I was even remotely surviving this catastrophe was because of Bumblebee. He's been my rock and my comfort these past couple of days, and I honestly couldn't thank him enough for all that he's done for me. Yes, we may have been through some tough times in the last few months, but I honestly didn't know what I would ever do without that bot, especially now. I loved him so much and there was no way around that.

All I could do was listen as the preacher spoke. I didn't know why, but I didn't really care what he had to say. I didn't really care what anyone had to say, really. Since before the service even started I've had so many people--including the preacher--come up to me and my brother and sister, and just tell us how amazing of a person my dad was. It pissed me off actually. There was so much more to my dad than just being an "amazing person". I could literally write an entire novel about my dad, yet all these people had to say to me was "I'm sorry for your loss. Your father was a very good person.". I knew they meant well, but they could fuck off.

At the moment my aching head was resting on Bee's holoform's shoulder. He held my hand tightly, and rubbed gentle circles onto the back of my hand as I cried. Sometimes I thought about the fact that this form was in fact Bumblebee, and I also thought about the fact that I was madly in love with him. Some people wouldn't hesitate to throw themselves into therapy after figuring out that they were in love with an alien robot, but I couldn't say that I actually cared. Over the course of the years, he's always been the one that was there for me. When I needed something he was there, when I was upset about something he was there, and even when I was being the biggest bitch on the face of the planet he was still there, and I knew that he would always be. He protected me better than anybody else could, and he loved me better than anybody else could--romantically or not. I just couldn't help but think that Bumblebee was the "him" that my mom was talking about when I died and came back in Australia, because by the looks of it it sure did seem that way. At least now I was more than sure that he was the reason my dad brought home Optimus in the first place, and I definitely did not want to think about how my life could have been without Bumblebee in it. He was absolutely everything to me and more, and I didn't care what anyone had to say about it either.

A gentle shake to my body shook me out of my thoughts. I looked up to meet the very blue eyes of Bee's holoform and the very brown--and teary--eyes of my little sister. It was then that I remembered Lynleigh and I were singing, and I guessed that it was now time for us to do so. I removed my hand from Bee's and grabbed Lynleigh's, who wasted no time at all in pulling me up from my seat. I should be nervous to sing in front of all these people, but I just couldn't find it in me to actually care. As soon as we were up on the platform I was handed a wireless microphone, and I looked down at the floor while Lynleigh spoke.

"We want to thank you all for being here today. You honestly have no idea how much it means to us that so many loved and cherished our father as much as we did," she started. I really wanted to push her down; there was absolutely no one in the world who could ever cherish or love our dad besides the three of us and Gracie.

"Me and Rose are going to sing a song. It's called Sirens and it's originally performed by British singer Cher Lloyd. We really hope you enjoy it," she finished.

In seconds the music began, and I was kind of thankful that I didn't have the first part. I watched in awe, and with a smile on my face, as Lynleigh sang her part. I only figured out that she could sing a mere three days ago, and that was when she came into my room telling me that she wanted to sing at dad's funeral. I asked her if I could join her, and she didn't hesitate at all to say yes to me.

Soon enough it was my turn to sing, so without looking at the crowd of people watching me, I raised the microphone to my mouth. The words flew effortlessly out of my mouth and I fought back the tears that were now resurfacing.

"And I'm tired, I'm growing older, I'm getting weaker every day, yeah. We follow the sun down low, we follow the sun down low," I sang, my eyes on Lynleigh the whole time. Her smile was the only thing that kept me going.

"Lay down here beside me in the shallow water...beside me where the sun is shining on us still. Lay down here beside me in the hallowed water...beside me where the silver lining stays until the sirens' calling...the sirens' calling," I finished my part.

Lynleigh and I finished singing the rest of the song together, and I couldn't keep the tears from flowing. The second the music cut off I took a deep breath, hugged Lynleigh, and placed my microphone back on its stand. Everyone clapped loudly, and all I could do was smile and head back to my seat.

Bee held his head out to me once I was in my seat, and I took it without even thinking, entwining our hands together.

"You did absolutely great, Rose," he whispered to me as the preacher continued talking.

I looked up at him to see that he was already looking at me, a small smile on his face. He reached up his free hand to wipe away the tears on my face and I smiled at him.

"Thank you," I managed to get out.

He smiled and placed a kiss onto my forehead before pulling me to him. I sighed in content and held him tightly with my free arm. I never ever wanted to lose this right here.

"Please don't ever leave me," I whispered only loud enough that he could hear.

"I would never dream of it, Rose."

A/N: I apologize if you can not watch the video. The song is "Sirens" by Cher Lloyd if you want to look it up. It's a very beautiful song, and honestly it's where I got the idea for this book anyway. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment and vote. That would mean a lot to me.