Catching Up

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

The morning sun shone brightly through my bedroom window. I groaned in annoyance and pulled the comforter over my head, hoping the sun would just disappear so I could continue sleeping. My bedroom door clicked open and I rolled over to see Lyza standing in the doorway, a smug expression on her face. I just pulled the blanket back over my head and closed my eyes.

"Rosalie, wake up and get ready. We have to go soon," she told me.

As soon as she finished her sentence, my bedroom door shut. I removed the covers off of my body and looked at the clock. It was eleven in the morning. I grimaced at the clock and stood up before heading over to my purple suitcase. I pulled out a ruffled pink tank top, a beige leather jacket and jean shorts before changing. Once my clothes were on, I put on my beige ankle boots and my glasses. After letting my hair down, I was ready to go.

I grabbed my wallet from my purse and headed downstairs where Drew and Lyza were sitting on the couch watching TV. They turned to face me as my heels sounded on the hard wood floor.

"I'm ready to go," I told them with a smile.

The two of them got up. Drew walked over to grab a set of keys and soon we were out the door. I followed the two of them passed my Range Rover and to their 2015 Chevrolet Impala. I got in the back seat while Lyza got in the passenger's seat and Drew got in the driver's seat. We pulled out of the driveway and were soon on the way to our destination.

"That's a pretty nice car you've got back there," Drew told me.

I smiled.

"Thank you so much."

The rest of the ride was silent but it was a comfortable silence. After about five more minutes of driving, we pulled into one of mine and Lyza's favorite restaurants to eat before I moved away: Dale's. I smiled and nearly jumped out of the car when Drew parked. It had been years since I had been here and since it was family owned, it was the only in existence.

Drew and Lyza laughed at my child-like behavior and I hugged them both.

"Thank you guys so much for bringing me here," I exclaimed.

"It's no problem at all," Lyza told me.

I released them and headed into the restaurant. It was the same as I had remembered it before I moved away. I smiled at the building and headed off to find a seat. Drew and Lyza were following shortly after me. I came to the booth that Lyza and I would normally sit in when we came here. I sat down quickly and Drew and Lyza sat across from me.

"So you remember huh?" Lyza baited.

I nodded.

"Of course I do. How could I forget? We used to come here all the time," I smiled.

The waitress came over to our table and we ordered our drinks. Once I had my tea and Drew and Lyza had their soda, the small talk began.

"So, are you ready?" Drew asked me with a smirk on his face.

I took a sip of my tea and chuckled before leaning back into my seat.

"Go ahead, Colt," I instructed him, using his last name.

"How's your life been?" he asked.

I thought for a moment.

"It's been fairly well. I'm stressed out to say the least but I'll be fine," I answered him.