The Race

"Just one ride! Please?" Drew pleaded with me.

I rolled my eyes at him and took a bite of my ice cream. For the past twenty five minutes this man has done nothing but beg me to drive my Camaro, or in this case, Bumblebee. To be honest, it was completely killing my vibe, and it even made my ice cream taste bad. Had I known that this is what he was going to be doing the entire time he was here, I would've never invited him up. I was about three seconds away from punching him in the face.

"How many more times do I have to tell you no?" I countered.

"You don't. You could just say yes to make this easier on the both of us," the little shit smirked.

I just sighed and focused on finishing my ice cream. Drew was going to be the death of me. I thought that having him around was going to help me heal quicker, but it wasn't. I wanted to stab him with my ice cream spoon.

"Hello," I heard a voice say. I looked over to see Brooke walking into the kitchen. Maybe she could save me.

"Hey, Brooke."

"What's goin' on with you two?" she asked as she sat down at the table.

"Nothing. We're just about to go head to head in the biggest race Chicago's ever seen," Drew answered.

I nearly choked on my ice cream. "No we're not, Drew!"

"What's with all the yelling?" Bee asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"She's just mad because she knows I'll beat her in this race we're about to have," Drew smirked.

Without even thinking, I threw my ice cream covered spoon at him. It hit him in the face before falling into his lap. I really hoped it hurt him.

"Whoa, what race?"

I glanced at Bee before looking at Drew. "There is no race happening. I've been telling you that for the past half hour."

"Come on, Rose. Okay, how about we make a deal? If you win--which you won't--I'll give you five hundred dollars. If I win, then you have to sit in a tub filled with live tarantulas," he responded.

That sounded oddly appealing to me. Well, the five hundred dollars did; I wasn't exactly happy about the tub full of spiders, but since I knew I would have the upper advantage I didn't care.

"Fine," I said as I yanked him out of his chair. "Let's do this shit."

He, along with Brooke and Bumblebee, followed me out the front door. All of the Autobots were lined up in their normal spots in the driveway, so I pushed Drew towards them.

"Take your pick, hotshot," I smirked. "I personally recommend the Bugatti. It's the fastest, in my opinion."

Drew gave me a look. "You're using reverse psychology on me, aren't you?"

I only crossed my arms and shrugged. Just as he was about to speak, the front door burst open. Lyza, Gracie, Lynleigh, and my brother all stormed out. I assumed they wanted to see what the hell was going on out here.

"Hey, what are y'all doin'?" Lyza asked.

"We're racin', baby," Drew smirked before running over to Bumblebee.

"No! You can't have him! He's mine," I growled as I ran after him. I heard Lyza mutter 'oh my gosh' while Lynleigh, Brooke, and Gracie just laughed.

"Is he now? And since when are cars referred to as males?" Drew inquired. Did I say he? Oh fuck.

"Since I said so. Find another car, Drew. Nobody drives mine. I'm sure Crosshairs and Drift would love it if you chose them," I chuckled.

Drew blinked, and I could practically feel the two Autobots freeze in response.